Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Incompetence Arrrrrrrrrrrrghhhhhhh!

:o I just had to come on here to let off some steam. I am so angry. I moved into my first home 3 months ago and signed upto NTL for TV, phone and internet on the 32.99 a month package. For the 1st 3 months you get it at 17.99. Today i have received my 3rd bill and stilll i have not been charged the correct amount the first month was £66 last month £81 and this month £49. Everytime i ring they say 'oh yes we are very sorry it seems the incorrect package has been put on your file - i have changed it to the correct one your next bill will be normal' Each time they have the cheek to tell me i have to pay the bill and the money will be credited on my next bill. I pay the bill and suprise suprise it has not been credited instead they have the cheek to charge me even more money. The person i spoke to today had the cheek to tell me that i was obviously getiing confused (ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH) as the deal i was talking about did not exist. When i informed him that i had the contract in front of me and was reading word for word the deal which was written on the contract he said i am sorry but you should not have been sold that deal as it is not allowed. Not my problem i told him i have a contract with it on and so you have to onlige by it. I have now got to put all this in writing and send a copy of the contract. Even then i have not been assured it will be sorted just that it ill be looked into. I am so angry i have now paid £142 too much for a completely inadequate service and the best of it is that if i don't continue to pay a bill which i should not have to pay i can be taken to court.

Anyway sorry for ranting but i am just sooooooo angry!!!!!!!

Oh Lola, I'm sorry. I had a similiar thing with BT when I swapped mobiles.

What I hate is the automated voice hing when yo phone up and then if you hang on the women who keeps telling you 'you're held in a queue, your call is important to us'

And then when you do get through to someone real they sound as if they are in the bath or on a railway platform. Every sympathy with you, hope it gets sorted soon

Barb

We also had several problems with Tesco connection, we are now on Tiscali, they all seem to mess you around, we keep getting a bill from Tesco - I have informed them via e-mail, writing and telephone and we still get a bill!! It does make you angry - why are they all so incompetent?

Lola hope it gets sorted for you, it wears you down having to chase it up doesn't it!! :o

At least the forum helps to get it off your chest.

Edited by Guest

So agree we are with ntl and we have had 5 different boxes because it keeps sticking 4 different remotes. new cable etc. they still can't get it right it took us 4 months to get them to put in a modem instead of connecting the broadband through the box because the internet kept going down. i think what annoys me the most if we were all so incompetant we would have been shut down ages ago xD:( but because we don't cgarge as much they can get away with murder and just keep taking the money.. keep going lola just think of it as a game of who can keep going the longest :o:D

Hi Lola. We are on NTL internet only (bf says I can't be trusted with a house phone!) and we had a few probs too. They took the direct debit out twice for the first two months and despite numerous calls the answer was always 'sorry, leave it with us and we'll sort it out.'

Eventually we did get it sorted out. Our internet should cost £19.99 per month but because of their incompetence we only have to pay £9.99 per month for 6 months!

yes rea do it all the time confuse computers!

I use the following to actually speak to a person and just keep putting in # when asked to push a number it has always worked for me so far, but if that fails try * , works wonders when you need a person not an automated reply which takes you back to where you started!!

Before using/changing a provider we always look at review sites found on the internet which give other users problems they may have had. try google for ISP reviews. Also we have in the past used the providers helpline number before signing up to see how good it is or how long to get a reply!!

Inge

Not sure whether I should admit this...... worked for Ntl for 12 years - just been made redundant! Call centres going abroad!!!!! I will try and find a number for you to call direct to customer support/liason as thats disgusting - wouldnt write though I would send a fax they will never receive the letter!

Always take the persons name and extn number you speak to and ask them for some compensation and reimbursements of your telephone call- as no doubt it took you ages to get through!

I wll look tomorrow am- if its valid (as offices moving) I will post it on here for you

Good luck x

Fax often workes wonders.. have has a problem with sons car and bike insurance (he has moved 3 times in a year and other problems like changing car twice, selling bike etc etc ) having problem with dare i say indian call centre not understanding the problems, we sent a fax, and all was sorted within 2 weeks.

(getting the number was another story, EVENTUALLY found it on the bottom of a letter sent with original insurance certificate 3 YEARS AGO! (Husband keeps paperwork for years, its an Army habit!)

Inge