Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Re-cycled Materials - Any Good Ideas?

Hi! Could any of you wonderful people spend a litle time sharing with me any ideas of unusual ways to re-cycle materials to make stimulating resources for the chil;dren. I am thinking of both indoors and outdoors, Are there any good websites ,maybe?

Thank you for your time. Sunshine :o

Guest DeborahF

Have you got any scrapstores near where you live? They are great both as a source for recycled materials and also for ideas on how to use them - the staff at the ones near me are always really enthusiastic and helpful. I think there might be a website that helps you find the nearest scrapstore, try Googling it.

We have used free internet CDs such as those AOL send you to create unusual calendars, hanging mobiles and displays near the computer area. Fruit corner yoghurt tubs can be easily turned into hand puppets by decorating outside with stickers, collage for eyes, etc and putting fingers into top and bottom of inside tub. I also find the small string bags you get with washing tablets great for maths activities such as keeping digit cards in, attach a number and get children to put correct number of objects in-they love holding them and putting things inside- hope these ideas help ...I'll keep thinking!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)