Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Foundation Co-ordinator

Guest Franlowe

Guest Franlowe

Hi everyone. I am browsing this site in the hope that I can get some ideas for my application for Nursery Teacher and Foundation co-ordinator which has to be in by Friday 30 Jan. I am currently teaching a Reception/Foundation 2 class in the same school. I have a sheet with the following points on: 1. Strategic direction and development of the foundation stage. 2. Teaching and Learning. 3. Leading and Managing Staff. 4. Effectively deploying resources. 5. General - administration, organisation, building links with community groups. I am finding the whole thing rather daunting. Any ideas anyone please?

Just thought I would say hello and welcome you to the site.

I am not in a position to give you any advice on this one but I am sure that you will get some soon over the next couple of days. Just keep logging in!

Good luck with the application.

Linda

Hi there Franlowe and welcome on board. Yes I can see why you feel daunted. Im a foundation coordinator and I wrote my own job description but Im sure If I looked at it, Id be thinking, I cant do that....

Do you have any nursery experience and is that stated in the person spec? Obviously if you are already in place in the school, you will probably have a fair idea of what is involved.

Some of the things on your sheet you probably do anyway, like manage resources or budget; manage staff; links with parents. other things may be newer to you, like the strategic planning but you probably have ideas as to how you would take the phase forward if you were in charge. (for example, I stated clearly at interview that i would introduce home visits if I got the job). If there is someone already in post who is leaving, pick their brains if you can. Check up on any issues that may have arisen from any monitoring or inspections.

When you come to fill in your application , there should be a person spec and make sure that you cover each point, saying how you meet the requirments.

Hope that is of some help to start you off. If you have any other specific questions with regard to your application, pop along and ask.

Once again, welcome.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)