Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Think I Have It Sorted

Planned_activity_BT_.docPlanned_activity_FS.docPlanned_activity_weekly.docHI

Now if you had seen our planning we have been doing you would have laughed, it was all colour co-ordinated (looked more like a rainbow), told us nothing of the children's interests, did not allow for free choice on the part of the children and took ages to fill out.

so i think i have managed to simplify it.... after reading through the FS guidance i now know that you don't have to do a medium term plan unless you wish to... so our medium term plan has now taken on the format of a brainstorm for craft/activity ideas.... (not attatched) and then our toy plan has changed slightly to now include a coloum for children's choices (previously we had not had that coloum).... this sheet will be used in all rooms.

we then have an activity plan sheet, one for FS one for BT3 pretty self explanatory, i want staff to do one planned activity a day (we are open from 7:30- 6) so plenty of time to do it in.

so attatched are my sheets, do they look okay?

Dawn

hi dawn,

they look great but I thought about putting btt3 on the fs sheet to show we plan together as some sessions our mixed ages.However dont know how yet so might have to resort to something similiar to yours -thank you so much for sharing :)

ahh thanks for positive feeback...showed them to our early years advisor today and she said that we definatly should pilot them in the nursery and see how we go with them.

Just need to run them past the directors (which could be hard as she was the one that initiated the plans we use now)... i think i may come up against some resistance but hope that the fact that i have the okay from the early years advisor may sway the director some....

wish me luck

Dawn

:D Oh im so happy, the director said we can pilot our planning, how fab is that, no more colour coding, oh i can't wait :o

Dawn

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)