Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Mad Or Sad Or Both!

What a day!

went to the cineam this morning with a young lady who i volunteer with (she has special needs) we watched just my luck, must say a rather funny film... then for a junk food lunch of burger king (yuk!!!)( but Shelley's choice).

I dropped Shelley off and went into work for what was planned an hour to quickly sort through some files and collect some info i needed to do my staff meeting on wednesday. well was in work three hours!!!..... two bags of rubbish later (at least i hope it was rubish :o ) i feel a little more sorted, files are organised, staff files have been transfered to filing cabinet, loads of toy catelogues (2003 issue) have been chucked away, lots of scrapy bits of notes have been chucked and most files now have a home.... but more importantly i now know where most files are... so in this process i learnt something.... even if i did spend my saturday afternoon at work... i must be mad!!!!

one thing im learning in this management lark is that i am going to have to give myself time to relax, otherwise i may burn out....

Dawn

remember Dawn, early days, early days.........it can't all be done at once :o

still give yourself a pat on the back for such dedication, truth be told I've spent today compiling my photo CD's to present to children on Monday, sorting about 2000 pics, ie: photo's covering 2 years of play ( it's lovely to see the early day pics of the children who are leaving next week)

Have a restful, you time Sunday.

Peggy

I am going to work tomorrow although we broke up last week, xD I have plans, filing, and loads more to do, none of which I am paid for! :( But if I don't do it, September will be chaos, I think to be able to feel proud about what you do and to do it to the best of your ability you have to be a bit mad, I don't dare to tot up the hours I put in unpaid, but I do love the job, :D just hope that I won't become bitter and twisted about it all one day! :o

I have read so many posts of practitioners that have become demoralised with the job and my manager has just left after two years of bearing the full responsibility of running the setting, got to keep smiling and thinking of the children, that's what I do for now.

Edited by Guest