Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

End Of Year.

Guest MaryEMac

Guest MaryEMac

I got home from playgroup this lunchtime and haven't been able to rustle up any enthusiasm for anything. We had a fancy dress 'Teddy Bears Picnic' this morning, lots of pirates and fairies, a Tweeney, and Andy Pandy with Looby Lou.

My house looks and smells like a flower shop (gorgeous). It was such a busy morning that all of a sudden it was home time and 19 of my children would be leaving. I did tell them that when they were playing in the courtyard they could come and wave through the window at us.

Give me a few days and I will be enjoying myself with nothing to do. :D:D

Enjoy the summer everyone. :)

Mary

and you too MAry.

We have had a very emotional day as we have said goodbye to 2 of my closest freinds and colleagues, I cant imagine school wthout either of them. One is taking a break frm teaching altogteher, the other is doing VSO. Its going to seem very quiet in Spetmeber as we get used to a new team. In the meantime, reminder to self, feet up Mundia, relax and dont even look at the pile of washing you have brought home from school!!

I also have shed a few tears, one particular boy who I really connected with saw me today in Asda and kept following me around, (he left last week) :o it was so lovely when he spotted me his face was a picture he seemed genuinely so pleased to see me, makes the job so rewarding, so emotional, but mixed emotions the best thing is about the holidays is I get to spend time with my children now and no college work as NVQ is all done!!

I only get one week off at the end of August, i have planned a picnic in the park for all the children who are leaving in that week so they can all have one last fun time together before they go their seperate ways x jojom x

I too said goodbye to some colleges who I have enjoyed working with as well as children off to big school earlier in the week so a very emotional time but I have to say I'm looking forward to relaxing over the next 6 weeks especially as we spent the last three days of term clearing and cleaning the nursey ready for a paint job new carpets and a refurbished kitchen in september!!!

So I'm looking forward to seeing how it looks and how we can make the most of our improved area come september and looking forward to working with new people with all their new ideas!

Happy hoildays everyone!!

We had our teddy bears picnic last tuesday. we decided not to do it the last day as we found it very emotional. and it was better yesterday not making such a big thing of it. even though I have 2 members of staff leaving and one is going home to Sudan so will be missed even more.

Only problem was we didn't get so many prezzie as usual. :o I now have a house full of Lillies that are making me sneeze and boxes of chocolates to last the summer.

still doesn't mean as much as the little boy who gave me a card he had "written " himself saying goodbye though they will go in my folder to look at in my retirement.

Have a lovely summer everyone :D

I know how you feel Steph my best present was a cut out picture of a mobile phone given to me by a child who didnt want to be the one without a gift for me (made me cry)

We spent the final afternoon emptying the unit for refurbishment over the holidays. It looks so big with not equipment or children.!