Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

A Wonderful Last Day!

As many of you know, I had my last day today and it was truely wonderful! The staff worked their socks off to make the day special.

The day started with a huge balloon and a cake (decorated with me dressed in my tabard relaxing! that's a first!) being delivered from my friend. She also sent a great poem with it, which started the tears - this was at 8.30!!!)

We had a beach party, which we were slightly concerned about with the weather being so hot, but we were given a big white marquee (spelling?) to use for the day which saved us really. There was lots of sand, water etc and the children (and us) had a great time!

The parents did a collection and I have left with a car load of presents and flowers, including a flat screen tele, bird table (with a slate roof and bird feeder!), a beautiful engraved vase and so many personal things too. I have always got on well with the parents over the years, but I must admit I am overwhelmed by their kindness and with everything that happened today.

I have been blubbering most of the afternoon with the words they have spent time to write in their cards and letters - my head hurts from all this emotion!!!!

All the girls (members of staff) have been brilliant, they have even made me my very own scrap book and got children from over the years to draw a picture or write something for me. I have loads of photos, so I will never forget them.

I had to chuckle because I thought I was very observant and knew what was going on around me, but obviously not - I just don't know when/how they managed to arrange everything, I didn't suspect a thing!! But they did GOOD!! :D

What a lovely way to finish Kimberley-sad but happy at the same time. Lots of lovely memories for you to look back on. Good luck for the future.

Linda

Kymberley,

How I can empathise! When I left the playgroup I'd worked in forever a few years back, I had a similar experience (except it was February!) - you can't quite believe the impact you've had on so many lives, can you!

All my best for your future, enjoy these lovely memories

Sue

I am so pleased for you Kymberley, today will be imbedded in your memory, cherish it and call on it in times of woe, for today shows that you are worth it and that you are special, to parents, staff / friends and children alike. :D

Happy future wishes too. :D

Peggy

Hi Kymberley

Glad you are leaving on such a fantastic high which is what it should be like after all the hard work that you have put into it :)

All the best for your next step :D (sounds like I'm completing an observation form !!!!!!!!) I hope you find something that you really like doing and you have more time for yourself and your family

As for me ............... I finished last Friday but not before Ofsted came in the LAST week of term - the Monday, Tuesday AND Wednesday. We are a small 2.5 hours per day sessional pre-school and she came for 3 days. so that left me with just 1 day to prepare the children for their leaver's show.

I've always been really lucky with my inspectors UNTIL NOW !!!!!!! :o Talk about an interrogation of the staff - they didn't deserve it.

We came out of it really well with all good and 2 outstanding so I should be happy with that. But it was such a difficult experience that i am definitely not going to go through another one. It's such a shame 'cos the other inspectors I've had before have been really friendly.

I was amused during the feedback though as she obviously felt a lot more relaxed (well I am so glad that SHE did) 'cos she was calling me 'Jan' all the time. Now I am never known as 'Jan' and thought she was just a tad familiar.

So at the end of it all was ok and I said 'let's go and tell the staff' (who I might add had waited an hour for me to come out - they had all packed away and should have long gone home)

'Oh no' she said ' what I have just told you is completely confidential and you cannot even tell the staff.' THAT JUST ABOUT SUMS IT ALL UP REALLY! Of course what I shouldn't be doing is telling the whole country through this site, but I am, but I have tucked it away under your post (sorry!) so hopefully no one from ofsted will find it !!!!!!!

Have a great summer Kymberley, recognise your huge achievements and someone was certainly looking down on you when they didn't send Ofsted in during your last few weeks there. Good luck to your new Leader, she certainly sounds enthusiastic which is good! :)

Bye for now and all the very best

Janice x

What a wonderful way to finish Kymberley - you deserved it :)

and

Janice, what a nightmare xD but at least it's all done now, don't let it effect all your good memories, Jan!! :o:D:D

Edited by Guest