Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Success!

Cheers folks!!

Am currently wildly packing for hols. Am hoping to post a bit more in blog later, then I'm afraid it will be a desert (how poetic!! :( ) until about 17th August....see how disorganised I am, don't even know when I'm coming home ! xD:o

Sue :D

One of my favourite places in the world, tiny village in Cornwall, caravan on the beach and, the absolute ICING, will be visiting one of my closest friends (in Truro since she married), to visit a new young man - her 7 week old son! I can't wait! For both hol and visit !! :D:D:D

Oh, and EDEN! - another favourite place.

Sue :o

4D_scan_00001.bmpI hope you have a fab time Sue and being a bit selfish I am quite glad you won't be updating your blog too much for a while because I am off to stay with my daughter in Essex for a few weeks and that means I won't miss too much! :) I am going down to help her out a little as she is heavily pregnant with my first grand child. Oh would you like to see her 4D scan - won't wait for a reply in case you say no - I will just try to attach it :o

Oh WOW!!!

I am just so amazed by the resolution they are getting on these now! Mine - a very grainy 1981 thing (2nd child), wasn't a patch on that, AND we couldn't have a copy! - Boo xD First child only got one because I threatened to miscarry - even grainier!!

May I also say, I am very jealous of you - have only recently realised I would very much like to be a Grandma!! :o

Sue

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Go for it Sue you know that that is the way forward- think of Reggio. I think your 'learning journey' will inspire everyone. We are constantly being told to do this and that by people who aren't doing it, just telling us about it. That is why we like it on here as we are talking with people who are doing the job every day, warts and all, not just theorists. We all know what reality is. i'mm looking forward to reading more about what you do.

only just caught up with this one...Good luck Sue glad you got them on side!

I'm sure you will have started to notice the difference this makes to the children already, it's so much more fun when they are engaged in something that interests them and the learning experiences are endless! I couldnt go back to topic led after two years child led despite OFSTED having 'difficulty' understanding - its really not that difficult when you step out of the box, but they refuse too!!!! I suppose they will catch up eventually if we keep pushing!!!

Going to find you blog!

Good luck to Marion too!

I attended a day course by Paddy Beale from Wingate Nursery School. ( at Early Excellence) From somewhere your way isn't she Marion? It was a fantastic day about documenting children's learning journeys. They don't use a thematic approach but follow the children's interests. The level of child involvement and the work the children produced was inspiring. i rushed back and starte my own rather watered down verison. It is harder to work like that with 30 children and one TA, but we were on our own learning journey too.

Yes its just a few miles from me one of our nursery nurse's child attends. I agree its very much a new learning experience for us all finding what works in our own settings and circumstances. I'm hoping to attend the Early Years conference in the summer at Wingate.

Wow, good luck and keep us all informed, so brilliant to be part of this, hearing what you are all doing, and be able to all maybe xD start taking ideas to our own settings, (mine very reluctant to listen :(:o ) doesn't stop me banging on about it :D and telling of all your success's :D - it can only be good for the children, you all just go for it!!!!!! :D

Edited by Guest

Im very lucky with my headteacher :D.

I'd be interested to hear how you get on with Marion.

Its going to be very much trial and error as you can imagine as a FSU we do have the expectations from KS1 for literacy numeracy so it is something we need to think about carefully but as a team we are all very excited :D

Edited by Marion

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)