Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Listening Area

HI everyone, hope you are not too exhausted at this busy time of year. TWO weeks to go and counting!!

In the meantime, I have a question. I have recently set up a listening area in my classroom and need to find CD's or tapes with books. I have looked through the educational catalogues at school but cant seem to find any. Does anyone know where I can get hold of any? otherwise I shall have to go to borders or WHSmiths I suppose?!

You can borrow books with accompanying tapes in most libraries. Many of the books are for older children, but there is usually a selection of ones for younger children.

Try the cheap high street book shops - they usually have traditional stories and tape sets. I've also got them quite reasonably priced from Asda and Tesco on occasions. I also find using a blank tape and having a member of staff/parent read the story works quite well, and, if you're not so bothered about children following the written word too closely I find the children love to retell familiar stories onto tape and listen to them.

Harricroft

I do my own sometimes, especially if there is a book the children have really enjoyed and want to read again alone or in a group etc. Means finding the time of course or a willing volunteer with a great reading voice!

Liz

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)