Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

One Week To Go!

Well, I've got one week left and it's all just dawning on me, I'm actually going! Since making the decision to leave, I have had a wonderful time, the pressure's eased and I feel like I did a few years back.

Nearly all the record books are done, just got to tweak a few here and there, then that's it! Just going to enjoy giving out their scrap books next week, all full of memories and pictures they have done. Loads of tears while putting them together.

We have had such lovely comments written in the record books from the parents. I feel really proud to have been involved with so many children and even more proud of the what they have achieved.

A Nan and Grandad came up today to say goodbye and thanked me and my team for supporting their grandson over the two years. He had tears in his eyes as he was talking to me, which started me off, his comments were heartfelt which means so much.

I still know I am doing the right thing, although just feel so choked up and regret not being able to do so many of the things I planned for the future - just got to let go!

It has been a difficult few weeks as the staff thought that I would change my mind, but as it gets closer they know I can't stay.

The new supervisor (my deputy) is so excited about it all and I quite envy her really because she feels exactly the same as I did when I took over. I have every faith in her and know she has the children's best interests at heart, she's just worried about all the stuff I've got at home and finding room for it! Mega clear up next week - I must be the biggest hoarder ever. I collect anything that comes my way for collage etc. etc. but I must stop now!!!!! :o

ahhhh, sounds like a sad time for you... but seems that you know it is the 'right' decision for you.... what are you going to do when you leave?

Dawn

I would like to stay in a job that is caring and worthwhile. I was offered a job as a home carer, which I did think of doing before starting pre-school, but it was only £5.10 an hour and a very small petrol allowance, so I didn't take it in the end. I would like to work in a care home, but again the money isn't there, which I need to get our eldest through his final year at uni! :o

I have applied for a teachers assistants job at a school for autistic children, but so many people apply for this school, so I don't hold out much hope! I'm not panicking (yet!!), I just want to get next week over and then a few weeks sorting out all the paperwork etc.etc. for the handover, then I'll start a serious search.

I wouldn't go to another pre-school or school as I would feel like a traitor!!!

Just keeping my fingers crossed that something will turn up!

Good luck whatever you end up doing Kymberley, :) you sound like such a lovely lady, enjoy your last week, think of all those children who have benefitted from your care, give yourself a deserved pat on the back, well done, felt quite emotional myself reading your post :o

Edited by Guest

It has come round quite quickly Kymberley! I remember reading some of your posts aeons ago, about deciding whether to make the break or not. At least you have made a decision, and your sticking by it, would indicate that it is the right thing for you.

Enjoy your last week and good luck in whatever it is you decide to do! :D

They are tears of pride, not sorrow.

How good it is that you will look back at these times with pride, and the sense that you have 'done a good job' ( even more than just that but don't have the words to express what you and all of us actually do, which is more than just a job).

Much better, as you rightly decided, to leave on such a high, to have stayed and become more stressed, etc would not have been so good.

I like you hoard everything Have a look at Helen Penns column in this weeks nursery World and I have all the documents she speaks of xD .

I also have a mountain of items that 'will come in useful someday as something else, other than it is used for, because if it was useful now, I would use it, and not hoard it, type of object. :o:( ( in the garage, the attic, the cupboards, tucked behind the armchair in my office, the one I never sit on, under the stairs, the workshop, shed, spare rooms, even under the trampoline in the garden :( )

Have a great, fun filled last week, and don't forget, you promised to stay online.

Peggy

Guest alisonjayne

Enjoy your last week, like the others have said it's good to go out on a high.

Good luck with everything you decide to do in the future the perfect job is out there waiting I am sure

Keep smiling and have fun next week

Ali

Your last week echos mine almost 12 months ago. I couldnt speak through the lump in my throat on the last day but I have some wonderful memories of my time there and I still pop in now and then. It is a scarey time as the days count down but already you're feeling lighter and a few days after saying the last goodbyes you'll feel on top of the world. Let the next few days flow around you and when you've left sit back and relax with your wonderful memories. :D

Well good luck for the future - I do hope you keep on popping in here. Another valuable person lost - it makes me very cross - just when are they going to realise it's all going to go seriously pear shaped if they don't address many of these issues soon. But I wish you all the best with whatever you decide to do and enjoy your last week.

Nikki