Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Transferring E-profile To Lea

Hi,

We are haing some problems tranferring our data and i thought i'd ask you guys before calling the harrassed techs.

I complete my profile on a laptop with no floppy drive or connection to avco so when it came to sending the results i exported the data (wouldnt work straight to the cd so i transferred it onto the c drive and then onto the cd - maybe the problem?) to a cd and then downloaded the e-profile onto the office computer (with avco).

Profile downloaded fine but when it came to importing the data it said there was nothing on the cd for the cohort. Now i know there's something on there it just wont see it.

Any ideas? Im going to try using a memory stick instead of a cd tomorrow so that might work. Anyone else with this problem?

Thanks

sorry if Im barking up the worng tree, but is it to do witht eh CD. I dont know much about thses things but they dont all work on all machines do they? I know we have put photos on a cd on one machine only to find them not there on an other.

Id certainly try a floppy?

I was having trouble uploading mine so I saved a copy to my hard drive (it should ask you if you want an excel file saved) then emailed that to lea. put it on a floppy too just to be on safe side. Anyway they got it!

If you created a disk for the LEA then the data won't read onto another copy of the e profile, it will only be read by your data team for your authority as it is a different kind of file. If you want to transfer the data onto another computer/copy of the e profile you need to go into Datafiles and back up > Export data etc etc and save the data to a CD or memory stick (I always create a separate folder to do this as well).Then on the new computer use Data files and back ujp > Read in data and go to the file. Should be 2 files "fspAssess2006.spd" and "fspbasdat2006.spd"

DON'T RE-ENTER ALL YOUR DATA UNTIL YOU HAVE TRIED THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Guest

I loaded everything onto my memory stick as my laptop hasn't as floppy drive. It was then transfered to a floppy at school and sent off to our LEA. That was almost two weeks ago, so presume it was ok.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)