Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Thank You Poem / Gift For Teacher

As I always rave about this FSF, my daughter has asked me to pose a few questions.

Her son finishes his reception year, end of term, and mum would like to make a card with a poem or verse in as a thank you to her sons male teacher, and would like some ideas for what small gift her son could give him.

Do you know any suitable poems / verses? I suggested the 'unity' poem previously posted in the forum. Would love any other suggestions.

Any ideas for gifts ( could even be an idea for something her son ( just 5 yrs) could make for him)?

and last but not least.....

What gift would you suggest for the TA's. ( I know we in preschool, although appreciatte the thought, do get just a few too many boxes of 'Roses' chocs )

Thanks.

Peggy

Hi Peggy

One of the most memorable gifts we received at Pre School was a lovely hand decorated mug for each of our staff. Parent had bought plain white mugs and put staff name on, then her little boy, decroated the mugs with spots , stripes and other patterns all different - but very personal. (I think mum used special ceramic paint)

Another gift we received was a voucher to be used at a certain restaurant.

One child when leaving bought plants (perennials) for the garden with handmade plant labels.

Of course we all like choccies - but sometimes 24 boxes of Roses, celebrations etc. can be a little harsh on the waistline!

Hope these ideas help

we buy airplants for teachers. My louise is moving up to secondary school this year so we have bought her teacher this:

http://www.allofmyheart.co.uk/scripts/prod...?idproduct=1169

Also as its our last year with trhe school both my children have been at and ive done PTA and Governers i have bought the school a vase that ive engraved a thankyou message on from us all.

Its very sad..... :o

I like presents that can be used in the pre-school. Today a had the best present ever it was 2 Gruffalo books with the finger puppets!!!!!!!! The children liked the story as well and spent all afternoon retelling the story to each other using the puppet theatre.

Here's a poem, might be a bit soppy for a man!!

You are a very special teacher,

I wanted you to know,

What fun it was being in your class,

How fast the time did go!

Thank you for helping me

To learn all that I know,

I will always remember you

As through the years I grow.

I’ll miss you being my teacher,

I know the reason why

I am feeling very sad

Now we have to say goodbye.

One of my favourite gifts was a caterpillar a little boy made out of wood, a piece of balsa or similiar with nails banged in for legs and antannae which he painted. It still has pride of place on my shelf.

I have also recieved wind chimes and suncatchers which were different and beautiful too.

Certainly the more memroble ones have been homemade ones.

Sharon

Book voucehrs for a great holiday read?

I'm sorry call me heartless but I absolutely hate all those dopey tacky pressies with I heart my teacher/best teacher in the world etc.... all I need is a big smile and to know that the child has enjoyed being in my class... I must admit the best pressies are the hand made ones;

dare I say that unfortunately all those ornaments go straight to the charity shop (I know, I know.. dreadful aren't I)

You watch. I will get a ton of them this year :o

I like the windchimes - good idea and can be used in the playground - sorry I am not very adventurous I used to buy the Old Git and Old bag (was it bag - cannot remember) wine - quite good wine and I knew the teachers quite well so they didn't feel upset - I think they jsut wanted to drink it regardless and saw the funny side

Nikki

The sweetest present i had was from a mum and her little boy. they are made by DEMDACO Willow Tree. they are Angels one is holding a child and called the Angel's Embrace the other is an Angel of Patience. they were bought by mums who I had spent alot of time helping and brought more than a few tears to the eyes. don't know if they are appropriate for a man but something along those lines if he has been a special teacher.

One of the best presents we received from a parent was a basket crammed full of individual sachets of flavoured hot chocolates, posh coffees, tea and really good biscuits, which all the staff shared at break-time - it kept us going for weeks during the winter.

Thanks again for ideas, my daughter is coming round today, so I shall show her these responses.

I must admit the best presents I have got are the ones for the preschool, last year a parent bought us a mini trampoline for all the children ( her twin daughters had worn out our previous one, during the 2 yrs they were with us. :oxD ). What's really nice is that even though they left for school 2 yrs ago the twins still send me home made cards for Xmas and Easter. :)

It's also nice when we are given books for the children too.

Any male teachers out there with any ideas??

Peggy

I have bought strawberry plants for staff in the past and every year one TA makes a point of saying to me what a good crop she has had, better every year. Also she remembers my son every summer - hang on that may not be a good thing!

Like most teachers many of my class arrived bearing gifts. One of my boys stood watching and after a while said wait and wandered off to his work tray he returned and handed me a cut out picture of a mobile phone saying look Ive got you a new phone. Think its the best present Ive ever had and certainly brought a few tears to my eyes.

Like most teachers many of my class arrived bearing gifts. One of my boys stood watching and after a while said wait and wandered off to his work tray he returned and handed me a cut out picture of a mobile phone saying look Ive got you a new phone. Think its the best present Ive ever had and certainly brought a few tears to my eyes.

Exactly, it's the thought that counts, bless. :D

Peggy

I had ordered a book for my grandsons birthday called Ben's Wizard Adventure. They are produced with personalised information, naming his school, class friends, headmaster and teacher within the story. ( the pictures are even produced to look like the real characters ie his teacher has blond hair, his friend has ginger hair and another friend has blonde hair and pigtails. As it happened, the first book they sent me had a few print errors, ie: saying he instead of she. I complained and got a new copy for Ben, and although it is a bit of a cheek we are giving the 1st edition to Ben's teacher, well he does star in the book too. :D.

Hopefully he will enjoy reading it to the class, and will remember Ben every time he does :D

Thank you all for your ideas, I shall certainly keep some in mind for my staff as appreciation gifts now and then.

Peggy

p.s. Ben is giving the present to the teacher on tuesday, so will let you know how much it was appreciated.

Peggy

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)