Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Morning Entry To Class In Reception

I was wondering what other recep. teachers do first thing in the morning - at my last school the parents dropped the children into class from 8.45 onwards, & we started the day by choosing activities. I used to moan about starting my day before everyone else but the children were almost all happy in the morning.

This year we have lined up in the playground at 9.00 and come in for registration. A few of the children have started crying at this time since Christmas, and I think we would benifit from doing a more informal entry.

I just thought it may help me to get it right if other people could share what they do in the mornings!

Thanks very much, Dianne xxx

Like you I prefer the more informal way. Our parenst some into the classroom and have the chance to settle their children with an activity before they go. This works really well and it gives the opportunity for parents who need to talk to you to do so, and for you to help settle those that still need support. The only negative thing about this is that Im sure the punctuality is worse this way as some parents see the lining up as more defined. I would go back to way that works for you if you have a choice. :)

Great news - talked to SMT today and they're all for it, so we'll start 'informal' entry on Monday. Seems they're more up for some changes than I thought!

PS Sorry for posting this thread twice originally, I thought my computer wasn't working when clearly it was!

Dianne xxx

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)