Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Personal Development Plan For Staff

Smiles

We haven't got one as yet ( previously looked at who needs what training when training plan is sent out by EYATs).

However, It is now a requirement ( in my area) for all staff to have a professional development plan that clearly sets out the training needs of all those working with children and which addresses the development priorities of my preschool. They would normally expect that staff attend a minimum of 4 days training per year. We are funded for 5 staff development days.

We have to have this in place by end of term.

Peggy

Thanks Peggy, We are now required to have one for staff - who sets the number of training days staff should receive and where is it funded from. Is it part of the Nursery funding requirement/

Sue

Thanks Peggy, We are now required to have one for staff - who sets the number of training days staff should receive and where is it funded from. Is it part of the Nursery funding requirement/

Sue

Our Staff development days are funded ie: children attend preschool 190 days in a year, we get funded for 195 days per year, if we hold Staff Development Days during the LEA school year ( not during holiday periods). They have suggested 2 in Autumn, 1 in Spring and 2 in summer. They are not mandatory, and in the case of full day care nursery's it may not be cost effective to close due to the loss of non funded income.

It may not be the same in different areas.

Peggy

right Peggy,

not the same,

we only get finded 190 days and not for training days!! We do training in our own time or have unfunded closure days to do it, most staff go to training with LEA during the year , datime if available but if not evenings and even weekends for first aid!

Inge

right Peggy,

not the same,

we only get finded 190 days and not for training days!! We do training in our own time or have unfunded closure days to do it, most staff go to training with LEA during the year , datime if available but if not evenings and even weekends for first aid!

Inge

Our funding for training is new as of september 2006, previously we used to get staff cover costs for LEA training, but this has stopped. (swings and roundabouts, I suppose) I still need to do some sums to see if I lose money from not opening.

One of my staff has spent the last three Saturdays at training 2 for 1st Aid, followed by Child Protection, because I already have staff with these certificates, I am unable to pay her ( which I feel mean about but , 1/ she could leave next month and 2/ I just can't afford it :o )

Peggy

I have had some staff cover costs for some of my training BUT this is only because it is for a new role with LEA as mentor for quality assurance to allow me to go out and support groups with QA scheme, for which i will obviously get paid!! In near future i will also have to go to help validate QA scheme!! ( Must make sure ours is good!! ) Otherwise no help with staff costs but free training. Staff all accept need and get paid if we can afford it or if it is essential..Ie if we would not recieve funding if we did not attend, ( Luckily staff did CP training last week Ofsted grilled them today on subject!)

Inge

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)