Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Planning For Childrens Interets!

Hello

i am new to the forum - actually just joined!

I am starting a new job in september as foundation stage manager

and theres lots of changes to be made!

the one i am struggling with is planning - nursery / rec are planning from

topics - we want to incorporate childrens interests more but just dont know how to go about it in the planning

has any one got any ideas ..... ???? please xx :)

Hello and welcome.

We plan from the children's interests all the time and have dropped topics altogether. I'm rushing out right now, but if you send me an email I'll try and reply at a moe leisurely pace with details.

Pilates here I come. :o

thanks kate

i have sent an email ... dont know if its worked though

hope to hear from you soon

thankyou!!!

Hi Honey (and welcome!)

Can't say I am a wise one as I am only starting out (NQT) - but have been contemplating simular thoughts. Started a link 'stimulating starting points' which sort of covers where I am up to in this.

Would love to hear Kates advice!

Going to try and put together an outline for next year & will post to see what poeple think (you get great advice here and people are really supportive).

Keep an eye out - you might be able to help me!!

Good luck in the new job

Skylight

hi all and welcome :D

planning to the children's interests should be paramount to everything we do...

we've just recently had a superhero week... followed by a fairies week... just because that's what this years cohort was fasinated about. it worked so ooooooooooo well and all the stimulie came from them initially.

Ohter times, when we've started new topics, we've always asked the children what they know first (i'm sure everyone does this)... and then asked them what hey want to know... we did this for our 'Up in The Sky' topic.... I've attached the children's ideas (approaching the topic from cold) - it's in SMART notebook format - I found it soooo exciting and interesting! - this really hekped us focus in on what excited the children and what they wanted to know, and so informed what we needed to plan in... easy peasy lemon squeezy :o:D

up_in_the_sky.zip

Hi Paulparkie,

Was interested in opening up and looking at your 'up in the sky' file. Having problems (don't know if it's my p.c). Window comes up saying 'can't open - document doesn't begin with %PDF' ??

Any ideas anyone?

Really like the idea of superheros. Your after my own hart there.

Skylight

hmmm drats... its a SMART notebook file. Do you have the SMART notebook software installed on your machines? (the software that you probably use for your interactive whiteboard?...

let me see if I can convert it to smoething else for yous all :o

~ Porl

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)