Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

How Many ?

Inge

Forgot this until reminded by a friend today, you may have seen it in training or workshops which is where I originally found it, but for those who havent......

Count every " F" in the following text:

FINISHED FILES ARE THE

RESULT OF YEARS OF SCIENTIFIC STUDY

COMBINED WITH THE EXPERIENCE OF YEARS...

HOW MANY ?

Inge

Ooh - I don't understand! Is it a trick? Does it mean count the number of 'fs' (I make it 6) or is it asking you how many question marks? Is it even a question that needs answering? Have I made a complete fool of myself and answered the wrong question? Ooh...There's something clever that I'm missing, isn't there?

my hubby got this in an e-mail last week.

on average most people only count three the first time

so if you get over three you are very clever indeed.

as we all know we are anyway.

the first time i did it i only counted three so i suppose im an average sort of a person :) . my 10 year old counted 5 :D and my 20 year old counted 6.

As mary said..no tricks, but if you gothrough it quickly most get 3 The brain tends to ignore the in between words so 'of' gets lost, how many got 3 and did not say/

inge

have a few optical illusions if anyone is interested, will add attqachment, let me know.

gosh my spelling gets worse and worse!

OOH! Am I the first ? Spooky!

good/evil, optical/illusion, teach/learn and me/you

I haven't put in the Bird in the bush one 'cos it's obvious!

Sue :o

PS Is it? Obvious, I mean.......

The Bird in the Bush one is, I think, like the counting number of fs one. Your brain tells you what should be there - rather than what actually is. Very easy to miss - you need to read each word.

Took me ages to see the optical/illusion one and even then it was just by accident as I was turning away from the screen I saw it out of the corner of my eye. Also couldn't see the me/you for a long time either. I only got there because Sue R had said it was there so I knew it must be!

Got any more? I love things like this although they frustrate me as well!

Edited by Guest

Groovy!

Well, starting with the 'f's... I must say that I only saw 3 at the beginning. I was amazed I didn't see the other 3 since I am usually good in visual things, so I kept on trying and at last I saw the other 3. What being 'fast' is doing lately to me... ha-ha.

The attached document:

The bird in the the bush.

Good, evil

Optical illusion

Teach, learn

Me, you

Nice! Thanks! It is good to just relax and have some fun. Right?