Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

French Day

:

Hi everyone This is my first postings so it may not get on the message board.

We are having a french day next week, and was wondering if qnyone else has done this.

We are planning to have a little cafe, make some flags.

Any other tips would be most helpful.

Thanks

Linda

:D

We had an Italian day a couple of years ago and it was fantastic - we made pizza's from scratch, flags, greeted each other in Italian, found Italy on the globe and map and talked about how we'd get there.

I'd do French food tasting, mmmmm lovely cheeses. Learn some simple songs like Frere Jacques, greet each other in French and use some other simple words - regardez, ecoutez, silence, asseyez-vous, levez-vous. If you use appropriate arm/body movements the children will pick these up quite quickly. You could get the children to greet each other by saying 'bonjour' and shaking hands, explaining that this is how people greet each other in France (wouldn't bother with the women kissing each other!!)

Good luck and have a fun day.

Harricroft

PS - welcome to the forum.

hi and welcome to the forum, have lots of yummy french foods to try, criosants, cheese, petit pains etc.... could string up garlic and onions, have a few french words..... good luck hope it goes well. :D

[Hi

Many thanks for your warm welcome. I really appreciate all your great ideas.

I will let you know how it goes, so perhaps if anyone else would like to do it, they have some

ready made tips.

Many thanks

Linda

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)