Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

We Got The Call Ofsted In On Wednesday

Guest tinkerbell

Guest tinkerbell

The call came today.One inspector she will come on Wednesday /Thursday. My head said I should be ok as she is Early Years! I don't know if thats a good thing or bad thing!!!

Tinkerbellx

I'm preschool, my Ofsted 3 yrs ago was not a good experience, the Inspector WAS NOT early years. Had Ofsted 2 wks ago this was a good experience, the Inspector WAS EARLY YEARS. :D

The main focus, I think is on planning from the child, show how you observe and plan to the childrens interests, next steps and you will be fine. They may check that your observations are up to date, and that children are challenged to progress.

Good luck, it may seem that it is a difficult, everyone tired at the end of term time of year, but I think that if you think positively, tell them all your strengths ( don't leave them to recognise them on their own) then you will be fine. Then it's all over and done with for the summer hols.

Much better to have one now then in September / October when you are trying to settle in a new class and still getting to know the children.

HAVE CONFIDENCE IN YOURSELF, YOU KNOW THAT YOU KNOW YOUR CHILDREN INSIDE OUT. ...and knowledge equals confidence. :D

Good luck.

Peggy

Good luck - I'm sure you'll be fab!

We were 'done' a week and a half a go. They seem to be very interested in where your children were when they entered your setting and how many are going to reach the 'expected' target of 6/7 :o.

Whenever they came to look at Reception I'd tell them how brilliant we were (all a front - I have no self-confidence), how much the children had improved since they came in and had printed off lots of data to show that 6 isn't average but 'good' - a personal bug-bear of mine as some of you will know. I also encouraged the children to talk to them and show them stuff. They did scrutinise my plans (but I've heard that some people's aren't looked at), my assessments and my profiles.

I also, following typically excellent advice from other people on here, didn't change anything. This meant that the children were the same as they always were and I felt true to myself.

Good luck Tinkerbell!

Peggy's words ring true! (Sadly it looks as if I will fall into that catagory in Sept/Oct.... great way to start NQT!!)

Be interested to know hoe it went.

Loads of good vibes .. etc

Skylight

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)