Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Themes

hi guys, im thinking of themes to do for one off days at the holiday club, im trying to think of ones which will be new and exciting for the children; :o

i've thought of doing a character day (fav. character dress up, read story, watch programme etc) and also an in the garden day (making scarecrows, having a picnic, gardening, making flowers, water games, den building) and i thought of doing a chinese day with all the regular bits and peices.

Does anyone have any other suggestions? The children are 3-14yrs.

Anything would be greatly appreciated, we need to make an impact on new children to make them regular users, and current users to encourage them to stay, and use the provision regularly. xD

Thanks for all your help!!

:D

laura xx

Pirates is always a popular one with boys and girls from tinies to oldies - especially with the release of Pirates of the Carribean 2 happening soon.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

I'm just trying to come up with ideas for our long term plan, i saw someone had suggested Pirates, this sounds interesting what activities would you do with this, can someone just point me in the right diection as my mind has gone blank. Thanks

Hi

I'm just trying to come up with ideas for our long term plan, i saw someone had suggested Pirates, this sounds interesting what activities would you do with this, can someone just point me in the right diection as my mind has gone blank. Thanks

Have a look at this topic for Pirate ideas. :)

Treasure maps

treaure hunt

message in a bottle

making pirate flags, hats, eye patches etc

pirate ship role play

wanted posters

sorting money

Walking the plank (PD balance)

making model pirate ships

make treasure islands in the sand trays to make 3D maps

boats in the water tray

we have the large wooden pirate ship from ELC for small world

and a pop up pirate island for outdoors

we did sound and number treasure hunts and also a chocolate money treasure chest

also good excuse to get out the paddling pools

we used eye patches to limit numbers at each activity (no eye patch find a different activity)

hi guys, im thinking of themes to do for one off days at the holiday club, im trying to think of ones which will be new and exciting for the children; :o

i've thought of doing a character day (fav. character dress up, read story, watch programme etc) and also an in the garden day (making scarecrows, having a picnic, gardening, making flowers, water games, den building) and i thought of doing a chinese day with all the regular bits and peices.

Does anyone have any other suggestions? The children are 3-14yrs.

Anything would be greatly appreciated, we need to make an impact on new children to make them regular users, and current users to encourage them to stay, and use the provision regularly. xD

Thanks for all your help!!

:D

laura xx

We had a fancy dress day of favourite characters for world book day. Everyone brought their favourite story and we talked about why we liked them and shared the books in secret storytelling areas around the unit.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)