Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Music Suggestions

Hi everyone - I am currently putting together a CD of photos taken during the year which I intend to show to parents at the leavers assembly and to then copy for parents when their children leave to go on to Year 1. Last year I put some music on as background music and I am trying to think of something appropriate which is different to what I used last year ( time of my life, magic moments, )

Any ideas anyone?

:o

Sue

How about Paul Macartney's We all stand together-the one that was to do with frogs if you can remember-a parent put this to a video of my children when we had a garden project and I thought it was lovely

Lynda

I have been on a training course where they used 'What a wonderful world' by Louis Armstrong I think? It was very moving and have often thought about trying to do something similar at Pre School, but not sure how it would work - we only have a PC and the one I saw was on screen. Any tips?

In my current school they use 'True Colours' and a country one that I can't remember the words to to help you find it, sorry! Others have made some good suggestions though.

Oh gosh it always suprises me just how good everyone is here - what a fantastic idea - will my computer skills match up to it though and as Hali (I think) says sounds a bit dodgy on the copyright issues - what a loveyr idea - must give that a go.

Nikki

I did a slide show of the childrens photos at last years nursery leavers assembly. Our school pianist kept an eye on the photos that were playing and then played topic related songs to each set of photos. The parents just loved the photos, lots of lovely feedback and quite a few tears.

• 1 month later...

What a fabulous idea - wish Id thought of it, I printed all the photos I had taken over the year and put them on a huge sheet of paper so all parents could see them, but what a fab idea a CD would be - need to get more techno tho before I attempt that

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)