Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Pips

Anyone else do PIPS still in Reception? This is my first year in Reception after 12 years and going to do the PIPS next week. I feel nervous that my children will score because I don`t know exactly what the test will ask them at the end of the year - only have a vague idea.

Anyone else do PIPS still in Reception? This is my first year in Reception after 12 years and going to do the PIPS next week. I feel nervous that my children will score because I don`t know exactly what the test will ask them at the end of the year - only have a vague idea.

Hi Gwen,

This is the first time I have replied so bear with me! We have been using PIPs for 5 years and found it useful. Knowing what is going to come up doesn't really help that much. Even though I know what comes up it hasn't changed the way we plan. The questions are designed to find out where children are based on lots of stats! I always feel like I want it to ask other questions that they would know the answers to but the data we get back reflects how are our children have done and seems pretty accurate despite not asking different questions they would answer!

Victoria

I have just done the pips this last week (one or two still to do)

The end of year tests are the same as the beginning of year.

so there is vocab, letter recognition, some reading, number and maths.

obviously the better the children are the more they have to do.

Mx

Guest tinkerbell

Hi Victoria,welcomefrom me.

i did the pips for the first time in the Autumn term and was very disapointed in what they were testing..in fact I was annoyed with the test and told my LEA advisor (ICT) not to push the tests to other schools, we have a new Early years advisor and she is of the same opinion as me HURRAY.

I have told my head I will not be using the Pips to get the children final score as I am quite happy with the half termly assesments on the e-profile.

She is ok with that.

Sorry if this is not the kind of message you wanted .

Tinkerbellx

Oh no... I guess I should explain really...

I'm working in Singapore and we are lucky enough to dip in and out things from the UK. We are using the profile too. PIPs has been used at school for quite a while, we use the data and chances tables to set targets. However, I won't be for much longer as I heading to Nursery next year! :D

Guest Really

I do PIPS in the Autumn Term but not again at the end of the year. It gives me an idea where the children are so I can group them and it gives me that 10min personal time with each child so I can get to know them!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)