Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Present For The Children

Guest Really

Guest Really

I can't believe there is only 3 weeks left!! My Reception will be moving on to Y1 and I will be getting ready for yet another class :o

Last year I put together a little party bag with stickers, pencils etc - what do you all do? I am looking for any different ideas for this year.

Thanks.

Really

Four weeks and four days for me (not that I'm counting, of course :o )

I have always given bubbles too and they go down a storm :D

We give the children books, and the parents get a CD full of all the photo's I've taken of their child over the previous 2 years they have been with us.

I like the idea of bubbles though for a fun change. :D

Peggy

You beat me to it Peggy. I have done the same this year , I will be giving each parent a cd of two years photos in nursery. It took me ages to do each cd looking through all the different files. I have now made a file for each child and everynight when i up load my photos i put them straight into each childs file, it will be so much quicker then to copy on to cd. Im sure the idea of photos came from this site ,so if it was from you Peggy thanks. Only 9 more days for me!

At our nursery we give a book along with their own achievements book which is full of photographs and their special work...we have parties, oh it's sad to see them move on, :o you worry about how some will cope and hope we have prepared them enough, I bump into many of our nursery children at the local school where my children go, it's unbelievable how much they grow over the summer isn't it? I say hello to some and they look at me as if to say Who are you?? I want to scream and shout 'remember me I changed your nappy, I read you hundreds of stories, I helped you (I hope) along,' it is wonderful to think we can have an effect on a child's life in a positive way, whether they remember me is irrelevant I suppose - -although I have a few children who are in Year 4 who still do, :) amazing how a little smile and hello from them can brighten your day, better get me hanky ready, only three weeks to go xD

oh, i must be horrible because i can't wait for my school leavers to go :o , saying that they are a real dare i say it 'troublesome' bunch that have tested my patience immensly... some of that may be because i joined them late on in there time with us (have only been there three months)... anyhow we still have till september with most of ours as they will stay with us all summer....

for the leavers we organise an outing, last year they went bowling, and we also give them a book and pencil case with some colours in.... seems to go down well....

also like the bubble idea too though....

Dawn

Because I am also leaving at the end of term, I'm planning on buying 1 or 2 small world sets for the Foundaiton Stage as a whole, so my nursery children can enjoy them for a couple of weeks, but also use them during their Reception year. I will also give them a small gift each (I'm liking the bubble idea), but felt that small world was an area we are a bit lacking in and hopefully my gifts will last a little longer this way. Previously I've done a bag with a few sweets/lollies in and also one of the party gifts that come in packs from the supermarket - I think last year they were plastic whistles.

In the past I have bought my kids pencils/notebooks etc from places like www.bakerross.co.uk or little toys from www.hawkinsbazaar.co.uk (think that's the right address) I've had to get them myself, but I like to get them a little something.

This year we have bought some canvas picture frames for £1 each, the children are going to paint/ decorate them so they will have a keep sake forever. We are going to let them choose any colour they like, make their own paints, probably use a bit of string as well, glitter anything goes really and the children can sign them just like an artist with the edition number 1/1

Nikki

Last year i bought the cheap wooden frames (3 for 99p) Ikea and got the children to decorate them and then added a class photo that we took in the outdoor area and the parents loved them. i really like the photo idea and will probably start that next year when we set up our unit.

Not so much a 'thing' but incorporating this sweet poem into a card with photo & handprint etc. endears parents for keep safe memories.

HAND PRINTS

There used to be so many

of my fingerprints to see,

On furniture, walls and things

from happy little me.

But if you stop and think a while

you'll see I'm growing fast,

Those little handprints disappear

you can't bring back what's past.

So here's a small reminder

to keep not throw away

Of little hands and how they looked,

to make you smile some day.

Would like to credit the person who wrote it ... but don't know who (sorry).

Skylight

Just another quickie!

You could buy those really cheap clip art frames and frame it!

I have given bubbles before too with strict instructions to open them outside! Also have raided the pound shop before now and given a note book and coloured gel pen - you would have thought I had given them the world! This year am giving bubble baths that are in the shape of animals - hopefully some will use them. (and I did check no-one has skin allergies!)

Best thing I find is to keep your eyes peeled all year round and get things when you find them.

First posting hope it goes on ok!

Liz

Love the bubbles idea (guess it'll be hard to find any anywhere as it looks as if everyone's going to be hitting the shop in search of them xD ). I'm beginning to feel mean as, last year we made up a CD of photos for parents - but we sold them for £5 :o - to cover the cost of CDs and to make money for baking and other odds and ends! We find it nice having a bit of our own money that we can spend on things as and when we need it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)