Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Help Wanted

Hi there folks

well after a very long time in Reception I am finally heading up the corridor to Nursery :D I am so looking forward to the change. Waht I would like your help with is recording procedures... particulary related to some sort of traching sheet that has the Stepping stones on. Rather than reinvent the wheel I was wondering if anyone else had something they may be willing to share or know a link to where I can find this? I also picked up on the learning stories/journey idea but that was it just a couple of words alluding to this in a topic... any ideas on how to find out more about this? :o

Thankyou oh great folk of the forum

apple

I notice you haven't had any replies yet. The reason being I think is that recording systems tend to be very setting specific, they often evolve after initial production / implimentation because of a variety of factors such as ability of all staff to use the system, advise given from external people such as EYAT's or Ofsted, time constraints, etc.

The work required prior to actually recording progress can effect how it is maintained, and then there is a need to ensure it is continually monitored in being effective for it's purpose.

Sorry I can't help by attaching a wonderful all encompasing format, if I could I would be rich :o

Good luck.

All I can advise is that you keep it simple, be clear of what you actually need to record, make sure it is user friendly in terms of other people understanding and using it and in terms of not too time consuming.

Peggy

Some clever person here put together all the stepping stones broken down in each area and colour coded them as per the curriculum guidance.

I find them really useful as a quick reference - this might be a start - I am sure someone here will be able to direct you to them - I will go and take a look now and see if I can be clever enough to put in a link - doubt it very much though.

Otherwise no help at all I am afraid.

Nikki

Don't know if this will be of any use to you but at the Early Years exhibition this year Featherstone publications were selling( A3 size I think) laminated overviews of Birth to 3 framework - split up into Birth -18 months, 18months upwards,etc, with links to Stepping Stones and ELGs and also profile overviews for Reception children. They were about £2-99 each but may be you could buy a set, copy for yourself and highlight what children have achieved. The Flying Start stuff may be useful too but I don't know much about how user-friendly it is

Thankyou Peggy for those wise words. I will certainly take them on board when I start making one. Thanks too to Kermit.. I do already have these and they are good as an overview. :D

Inge thanks too... I have downloaded them to help me

Cheers everyone. If I do get one together I shall of course be sharing because that's the kinda girl I am :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)