Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Planning Advice Please

I'm all in a tizz!!I have been asked to lookat the way we plan and to look at ways in which we can make life a little easier. I have the long term plan of which i am happy with but what i am hoping is that there may be some very kind people who could offer some suggestions as to how they plan, do you get input from children? how do you implement your childrens targets in your planning and what do you all include in your medium and short term planning. Also how do you implement Every child matters? Sorry if it sounds like i am asking a lot but its really starting to get me down. I have posted a similar topic but had no replies, at the time i felt very sad. I have also done a search of the forum. Please can anyone help so I can get a good nights sleep :o Thankyou

Oh, skippy,

Sorry you got no response before! Also, sorry it's getting you down.

What you ask seems very broad - Off the cuff, I would say that although we plan for each week, only specific focus activities are (fairly - :o) rigid, we tend to watch what the children are currently interested in, tweak the week's planning for a 'bias', then focus plan to follow up either then or the following week. In other words, we plan, but chuck it out if something more valid comes along!!!! (But don't actually throw it away - could be useful soon!!)

And yes, we do involve the children, but more in a Circle Time - what we've been doing.... kind of way, to inform planning, generally.

Hopefully will come back with a fuller answer, just a first thought!

Sue :D

Thanks for taking the time to reply Sue, sorry if it sounded a bit broad. Our long term plan cosists of our topics,special evevts/visits and which aspects we plan to cover within that topic for our planned adult led activities. We also throw this open to the children at the end of term and discuss what our next topic is and gather their thoughts and veiws. This is where i need help what should a medium term plan include, sholud it be in week format what you plan to cover ie mon- fri or should it be week begining..... with areas of learning across :o the top? Also how do you incorporate every child matters, do you just reference it against what you have planned and how often should it be planned in? With regards the short term do you have a daily plan including resourses or is your adult led activities your short term? Is that a bit waffeld? xD

Edited by skippy

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)