Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Assessment In Fsu

I'm sure this has been asked before but does anyone know of an assessment format which tracks progress against stepping stones/ELGs and profile statements in the same document. I'm sure I've seen one before (made on computer not commercially produced).

Next year we will have a FS Unit (with chilldren just turned 4 and Reception children) and don't want ot end up filling in two lots of assessment which we have to at the moment. Our FS co-ord is happy to change it as long as I can find something that works.

Any ideas?

I think I've seen something on here before which we can easily highlight as the children achieve them.

Thanks

Kelly

Edited by Guest

We are a FSU and we have used a commercial document this year it is Focus Publication's Striding Through The Stepping Stones. I think this might be what you are looking for. We have found it extremely useful

Olog

There's also the West Berkshire "Pebbles".

http://www.westberks.org/GroupRenderCustom...ResourceId=9620

I devised my own version. We are not a FSU, but separate Nursery and Reception in W. Berkshire's neighbouring Reading L.A. In Reading we still have 3 intakes a year to Reception, which means that my Nursery class has Reception children in for 2 terms a year. I got fed up with starting them with one set of records when they started Nursery and then swapping to the FS profile when they became Reception year.

My home-made version contains all the profile points but has adapted stepping stones, geared to what we feel we need to assess in our children. It works really well, and it means that any children we have in Nursery who we feel have achieved profile points before they reach Reception year can have these marked off.

bubblejack, do you not have a worker assigned from the L.E.A responsible to providing support to th private and voluntary sector?There are copies on the site you could use if you so wish.

Striding through the Stepping stones is very good indeed. You could try this link to the assessment documents for Warrington LEA. I used them for planning and individual assessment from Nursery entry to end of Reception.

wgfl.digitalbrain.com/wgfl/web/foundation/elg/index.htm

Hello Lynh56. I do have ann advisor assigned me but unfortunately she thinks that pre-school children don't even reach the learning goals :o and she tells me that I am overcompensating!!!!

She has only visited once to talk to me and I disagreed with her so much that I don't feel inclined to ask her for help.

I delivered the transfer documents to school today. One school said that thet don't need to do them as they assess the children anyway. Another school said that if I wanted to do them they would find time to read them but said in the future don't worry if they involve a lot of work. The other 2 schools just made no comment.One of my feeder schools sends a teacher in who stays all morning to observe and discuss the children and she is very grateful and appreciative of the transfer documents :D:D:D

Thankyou JacquieL I am trying to get into the link you gave me.

The only constructive help I get running my pre-school is on here :D:D:D

bubblejack, I think that's really sad. Children don,t just arrive at the Early Learning Goals!!! Marion's link to the baseline above seems very good to me, and its similar to the way I assess my three year olds on through to the Early Learning Goals.

I totally agree with you about the site. Fantastic ideas and you are able to consider, think and make your own mind up about issues

Regards Lynda

Guest Jenny Bruce

:) If you contact Essex County Council they have devised a very good computer programme that links up everything. We are using it at my school and it is very good. Jenny

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Jenny - will look into it.

Showed FS team someof the stuff and at the moment we really like the East Ridings one so might give that a go.

Thanks again for all the ideas.

Kelly

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)