Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Hayfever

If I sneeze any more, I think I'll die!

My boyfriend is away for the weekend. He's a well fussy eater so have made myself a dinner that I haven't had in ages, and was really looking forward to it, but my nose is so bunged up that I can't taste a thing!

I've taken a tablet, but just can't stop sneezing.

I have recently purchased (at great expense) a gadget for hayfever and other allergies of the same ilk. It uses photo light to stop your nose releasing histamine - treatments for 4 mins 2 or 3 times a day until symptoms lessen. You look a complete prat when using it as your nose lights up in such a way that Rudolph would be proud (several laughs from other half when using for the first time last night). I'll let you know how I get on!!

I'm using some Sainsbury's own tablets. They worked really well last year. Every year I find something that works, and then the next year it's useless!

Chocolategirl, what can I say :oxD:(:(

Shelley the girls at work seem to like Tesco's tablets. (What we should all be doing is eating tons of local honey!)

If you can find a local honey!

Other homeopathic treatments are well worth a go...i tried several before finding one which really worked well for me, my sister found a different one better for her, having taken it for 2 years and becoming totally symptom free found that I did not need any treatment for the following 3 years and now any symptoms are minor, occasional itchy eyes but no more sneezing etc. I used trial and error to try them out, one after another, just ensure you compare ingredients not just different brands as they do have same in differnt names, and they do take a long time to work needing to take them regulalry even if they seem useless. I found that one month supply was enough to find out.

same for any tablets, found exactly same formula tablets as benadryl in local shop for 99p a pack! I am always comparing ingredients on medications to find the chepest version!!

Interesed in the light can imagine comments though, worth it all if it works, let us know.

Inge

Hi!

I started suffering from hay fever just after my son was born, at first it was just when the pollen was very high, but it became increasingly bad to the extent that most tablets hardly scratched the surface. As I'd jump out of an aeroplane rather than have injections, I declined that option, so doctor suggested I try a nasal spray. You spray twice a day early in the season, then once it takes effect you just need a daily top-up. Beclometasone Dipropionate is the active ingredient and it completely does away with all the symptoms. In particularly bad years there's the bonus that you can still take anti-histamines with no serious effects.

Since my latex allergy was diagnosed it also means that regular usage can't mask any reactions I might have, and leaves that avenue of treatment open to me so I don't have to always be stabbing myself with the Epipen (what a fate for a needle phobe!!)

Sue

I found that taking a tablet alone didn't really alleviate it but on the instructions of my doctor I now use hayfever tablets combined with a nasal spray and allergy eye drops and this seems to give me some relief. I also never buy the expensive brands of tablets from the chemist but will get 99p ones from Wilkinsons....this was after a chemist told me that you could buy the same active ingredients for far less than the 'branded' versions. I have now realised what sets me off the worst.... grass pollen which starts towards the end of May....so I now start taking the tablets at the beginning of May and have found that I am much better.

Ahh hello fellow hayfever sufferers. I've only had hayfever for the past 4 years but I have found that the one a day tablets work well and I'm currently trying boots own brand which were on BOGOF this week! My other half suffers badly too and he's finishing the packet of tesco ones and they seem to be working for him.

Strangely enough, I only suffered with hayfever when I was pregnant! That's how I found out... Had a cold every 2 weeks, always on a college Saturday so was half asleep for the first three months of my course! Luckliy I haven't had it since so I sympathise with everyone who suffers! Hope you find something that works well for you soon!