Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Ofsted

It's almost worse having a few days notice isn't it, especially just before your weekend.

Don't stress, and don't panic in the lead up. You're bound to be nervous, but think of all the positive points about your setting.

You can do it!

Shelley

Don't panic. We had ours a few weeks ago and it is nowhere near as stressful as the old style inspections. Just remember to point out your strengths. Our inspector said i think you need to extend your ICT provision! (I used to be a leading ICT teacher). We just showed her everything that we actually do and it was mentioned in every area of the report as being a strength. If we had not said anything it would have been down as a weakness. It is supposed to be a dialogue now not just a straight assessment and judgement of what you do.

Hope this helps a little.

They're coming on Wednesday and Thursday. Feel really sick.

Moose if your posts are anything to go by you'll be absolutely fine!

We had ours a week ago and all went well. The inspectors were very thorough and professional and asked questions about or wanted to see paper evidence of areas mentioned on the SEF as well as spending a good length of time around the nursery. Your pre inspection brief will give you an idea of what they are looking for though it does only come late afternoon the night before! But that will be a job for your SMT.

So good luck and keep smiling. And it is a lovely feeling when it's all over!!

Rosetta

Moose, do try not to worry! I'm sure you will be fine! Haven't been through one of the new style inspections yet, but from what I can gather, they're not nearly as bad as the old style.

Try to relax over the weekend with that wine! :D

Do you think I need to change the activities I was going to do? A big part of me doesn't want to - a kind of 'this is what I do why should I put on an act?' kind of attitude and the other part wants to do well, obviously. It's the Wednesday afternoon activity that I'm kind of worried about. Last week we did the moon and this week we're moving on to aliens. My activity, that I had already planned (why should I change it? Why? Why? Why?), was to draw their own alien, ready for labelling on Thursday morning. We're were going to look at different aliens from books, discuss their features and the visualise our own aliens and tell a friend about it before going off to draw it. Is that okay or will they just see it as pointless? In my mind it's worthwhile because I know that children's drawing is rehearsal for their writing but will they see it like it? What I want is someone to give me a magic formula and you can't do that can you? I almost wish it was on Monday as this waiting is dreadful.

DONT change! It is worthwhile and you can justify it should anyone ask (which I dont think they will) We found out on the Friday that we were going to be OFSTEDed on the Tuesday and basically didnt change a thing and everything was fine. It probably was easier for me working in a FSU as there were 4 of us to make that decision and stick by it. Good Luck and try (know its not going to happen) relax :o

Yep, I'd say don't change it too. You can't even be sure that the inspectors will be in your classroom during that session!

Try not to worry, I'm sure you will be fine. In any case, it doesn't really matter - you will still have the same job at the end of it :D We've all seen examples of your planning and your self-reflection. You obviously do a very good job and your school are very lucky to have you.

Chin up!

Fox xx

Moose, you will be just fine, nerves are inevitable, what do you do to calm yours?

Spend the next few days 'sorting' what ever you think you need to get done, otherwise you will be awake all night Tuesday thinking I wish I had done so and so.....plan to get it done by Monday then 'chill out' and resite ASPK's wise words of wisdom over a glass of whatever realxes you.

Comparing my Inspection experience 3 yrs ago to the one I had last week all I can say is 'Don't take it too seriously talk to the Inspectors like they are human beings and not the Gestapo" and you will be fine.

I endorse what others have said about it being a lot more relaxing with the new style Inspections ( even to the point that I don't think my Inspectors looked at everything thoroughly enough :o - the poor Inspectors can't win either way)

Peggy

One man came in and said that he really liked it.

The head man is coming to have a look tomorrow. I've had to give in my planning folder - gulp.

I fell down the steps at afternoon break and twisted my ankle so badly that I nearly passed out. Must stop drinking gin at work! It's huge (my ankle, not the gin!) and I'm in pain and I've only just got in. Feel a bit sorry for myself. Do you think they might be generous with their score - a sympathy vote?

Thanks for thinking of me!

I was wondering too.

Sounds more than promising, you'll be able to tell us all how it should be done! well done.

Meanwhile take care of that ankle, rest and ice and hope its better by the morning. Make sure its well supported if not.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)