Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Brain Gym And Maths Problem Solving Afternoon

Next week we're having an afternoon of brain gym and maths problem solving. Each class (Rec, Y1 and Y2) will be put into mixed aged groups and will spend half an hour in each class doing a brain gym and a problem solving activity. I was wondering if anyone had any brill ideas for activities which you've done and the children have enjoyed. We want to make this as much fun as possible.

The activities will need to be suitable for all age groups - the Y2s will be able to support the Rec class - hopefully - if need be. My initial thought for a maths activity would be to provide them with a sheet(s) with football kits drawn on - blank top, shorts and socks. They will be told to use just three colours (the same 3 colours throughout) and see how many different kits they can make. The Rec children will be expected just to colour different kits, the Y2 asked to consider how they might use a more systematic approach to ensure they get all options. What do you think? I thought the football strip would fit in with the current World Cup hysteria!

I'd love any suggestions for any other ideas , and for a really active brain gym activity :D

Hope you can help,

Harricroft

We did the World Cup kit idea with the kids (Y1/2) last Friday as part of our World Cup Day. They loved it. I think there is a shirt & short template on Sparklebox if you need one!

Sorry, no better ideas at this time of night!

Thanks for the web links Really and Spam - will look at those this weekend. Anyone got any further ideas?

Harricroft

We did the World Cup kit idea with the kids (Y1/2) last Friday as part of our World Cup Day. They loved it. I think there is a shirt & short template on Sparklebox if you need one!

Sorry, no better ideas at this time of night!

Spam - can you help me out? I've looked on Sparklebox but can't find a shirt and short template - any ideas where abouts it might be?

Harricroft.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)