Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Montessori And The Foundation Stage

hello everyone this is my first posting, so if i get it wrong am sorry. i need some help with an assignment i am crrently doing as part of the Foundation stage degree. the focus for my essay is,

which elemnts and approaches of the montessori curr' are relevant to the foundation stage?

have started with freedom of choice, hands on learning, providing the right enviroment. any further ideas would be very welcome. :o

Hi and welcome to the forum, personally i do not know much about montisori but i am on the FD as well with a lady who owns a montisori school and she says she can relate all montisori into the foundation stage. Good luck sorry i was not much help. :D

Hi and welcome to the forum, personally i do not know much about montisori but i am on the FD as well with a lady who owns a montisori school and she says she can relate all montisori into the foundation stage.  Good luck sorry i was not much help. :D

58549[/snapback]

thank you for reply hali, this is all a bit scary. would your friend possiable fill in a questionaire for me? and if so how do i get it to you, can i email it ?

Hi bug and welcome.

You will soon be addicted and wonder why you found ths scary!

You could try sending Hali a personal message by clicking on her name or going to your controls, top left off page!

Good luck.

Welcome from me also, I keep saying it to new members (I was a member for months before I had the courage to post so well done) and I will keep on saying it this site is great, you will get hooked it is definetly addictive, hope to speak again soon. :):D

Edited by Guest

hello everyone this is my first posting, so if i get it wrong am sorry. i need some help with an assignment i am crrently doing as part of the Foundation stage degree. the focus for my essay is,

which elemnts and approaches of the montessori curr' are relevant to the foundation stage?

have started with freedom of choice, hands on learning, providing the right enviroment. any further ideas would be very welcome. :o

58548[/snapback]

I should have some information at school my NNEB did the FD two years ago and I was her mentor. I know she looked at Montessori's influence and how it fits in with the FS.

Off the top of my head its Child Centred about educating the 'whole' child and using an active curriculum, learning from their environment, giving children responsibility for own learning, creating a learning environment.

thank you so much Marion for the welcome and help if you have any info i would be very grateful. should have started this last assignment a lot earlier as there is so mich to do at the end of a nursery year.

Hi, I am a qualified Montessori practitioner and would be happy to PM you my email address if you need any help with questionnaires, etc.

Sorry to step in late with this, hope I can still help!

Edited by Guest

Hi Bug and welcome to the forum :D

I went to visit a Montessori Kindergarten recently, and I was very impressed with it. I especially liked their areas of learning, and felt that they would enable smooth transition into school. I also liked the way the children are shown once how to do something, and then they learn by themselves through trial and error - lots of thinking skills going on. What I didnt like was the lack of adult interaction. Once the adults had shown the children a new skill they backed off to observe. I felt that the practical nature of the learning fits in well with the FS, however, and the 'Real Life' Skills.

Hope some of this helps - I only visited for a day so these are only really my very basic impressions.

Regards

G.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)