Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Phew!

I just started having a panic attack - I logged on to the Forum, only to be told my subscription had expired. :o After frantically hunting down my trusty plastic and doing the deed, I am now feeling a lot calmer. xD I don't know what I'd do without this site.

Thanks for that chocolate girl! :)

The upgrade I keep threatening to implement will automatically let people know when subscriptions are due. Until now I've been doing this manually (obviously not very well...), and since half term when I found myself in a place with no internet access or phone access! ( xD ) I've fallen hopelessly behind.

With regard to the upgrade which may still happen this week - please look at my recently updated signature! :o

ARgh thanks, mine is due soon but I have NO money because of the wedding and my car breaking down so I'll have to wait till after pay day.

Guest MaryEMac

I've just found out that Cambridgeshire has decided to continue the subscription. Do I have to do anything Steve or will it automatically carry on? Thanks.

Mary

That's correct Mary - Cambridgeshire were the first LEA to take up the scheme and they've renewed for the second year which is great news! :)

We'll be adding some new software very soon allowing LEA subscribers to renew via the control panel - until then I'll be doing this manually - talk about the weak link in the chain...

Hmm. Perhaps you should try to persuade Manchester to join the LEA subscription scheme?  :)

58339[/snapback]

heh, I actually work in Trafford LEA and as I'm not at present a FS teacher, well I dunno!!!

Hi RB -

Now here's an odd thing (and something that gives you a glimpse into the bewildering world of a web service administrator!) -

Although your subscription has technically expired, a little automatic program is required to actually reduce your membership back to non-subscribing status. This program actually runs (I've just checked) at midnight tonight. So you're a full member still - I hope you properly appreciate the extended time you're being given - this must be worth - oooh, point zero seven of a penny?

Until your subscription is automatically expired you can't actually pay for a new one (one of the reasons I need to do an upgrade) but if you pop in tomorrow, you'll find you can take out a new one - because the program will have noticed your subscription has expired and unceremoniously reduced you to the ranks.

I could run the program manually. But then you wouldn't be able to read this answer because you'd be a non-subscribing member and only subscribing members can read the lounge/golden time forum...

You see why I sometimes sound terminally bewildered when I post? You should see the way I look... :o

Ah yes - that was taken in my youth. I've got a bit more wrinkly since then.

Enjoy JBJ - lucky you! Take some suncream - that Milton Keynes bowl is a lovely place but there's not much shade...

Thanks for that... I'll pop back tomorrow after my date with Jon Bon Jovi at the Milton Keynes bowl...

...and as long as you don't look like your avatar, I think you'll be fine!

Ta muchly!

RB

58385[/snapback]

Hope you enjoy JBJ as much as I enjoyed Bryan Adams on Thursday in Swindon - absolutely FANTASTIC! Me and Bryan - we've like 'that' (crossed fingers). I'm sat here with my newly purchased BA Tshirt on as we speak (type).