Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Highscope

I know very little about highscope, but a member of staff has asked if I could find out more. From what I can gather the children plan their activities and do 'plan - do - review' times with adults and the curriculum is very 'hands on' (which we are). Does anyone have a typical day's plans and how it affects planning - think that would be easier, but would really like to know more.

I believe the assessment records are different too, so does that mean those doing highscope do not have to do the record books (as set out by Early Years).

If that is the case every member of my staff will be on Highscope training next week!!! :o

Hope someone can help.

Highscope is a passion of mine and I am currently wating to go on the implementation course. I run a foundation stage unit and the session plan is as follows: large group time (Phonics) followed by planning for work time (Child Initiated learning) small group time (Class splits into 2 groups according to ability) recall (review) snack time and story to end the session. The Highscope Institute has lots of info and publications to read, I hope this helps.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)