Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Stories About Wind!

This is going to drive me nuts- there' s a story by Pat Hutchins(Don't forget the bacon) about wind- different things blown away by the wind. Just can' t think of the title and the bookm is in my collection at school.

Lisa

A poem my nan told us when we were little often comes back to me...

Who has seen the wind?

Neither I or you

But when the leaves hang trembling

The wind is passing through

Who has seen the wind?

Neither you nor I

But when the trees bow down their heads

The wind is passing by.

:D

Winnie the Pooh and the Blustery Day (think that's the title) and Postman Pat's Windy Day (or it it rainy day?) Up and Up, Shirley Hughes

There's a really lovely book called Warren and the Very Windy Day, by Liane Payne (Templar publishing). It's one of those gorgeous furry books, with furry bits throughout the book, as well as on the cover.

Warren's garden is gorgeous. His flowers stand in neat little rows and everything's pruned to perfection. But there's one thing missing - Warren would like some friends to share it with.

Then, one blustery morning, the wind blows some surprises into the garden...

Also, the Noddy book: Noddy and Tessie Bear (book 12). I loved Noddy when I was little, and this book has lots of windy bits. Since Noddy is back on the scene, I guess they've 'PCed' it, so it might be ok.

What about Percy the Parkkeeper - After The Storm (Nick Butterworth)? Or maybe The Paper Princess (Elisa Kleven) abour a drawing that blows all over the town before coming back to its owner.

My kids used to love 'Rose and Jim' on TV and there was a book called 'Rosie and Jim and the Man in the Wind' (?? by John Cunliffe or some similar name) about windmills but no idea if you can still get hold of these books.

There is also a non-fiction weather series - Early Birds Weather - published by zigzag books and 1 title is 'Why Does the Wind Blow? Most of the activity ideas in it are fairly obvious but I did like the idea of makinga recording of a hurricane by banging on metal trays, shaking beans in a tin andf blowing whistles. Might need some earplugs! :)

[HI havn't done this before. There is a book called 'Poo Bertie! is that you? that children love; but it's about the wrong sort of wind!!!! :D

It's good for a laugh

'Farley Farts' by Birte Muller about a frog who has tummy trouble and keeps getting told off for, um...farting. He decides to 'hold it in' (with unfortunate results) but soon he and his family decide that it's a natural thing. It is a nice book and is beautifully illustrated and there are lots of places to make PFTT noises!

Edited by Guest

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)