Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Nqt Completion

I have recently completed my SCITT course and began work in a non maintained nursery as their early years teacher. My local authority have decided that i am not allowed to complete my NQT because it is a non maintained setting. Has anyone out there managed to complete there NQT through a non maintained nursery. Please write back. Gemma

Congratulations on the course completion and the job. Also on successfully joining us, welcome! :D

It always was the situation that you had to be in a maintained school to complete induction so I'm not sure you will have any luck in your quest. You must feel very disappointed but perhaps the experience is worth having and then you can look for somewhere else. Is there a time scale for completing induction?

welcome on board Nikki.

Its a shame that you were not informed about the comleltion of the NQT induction before you took up your post. This is as far as I know a legal requirement to complete your induction in a maintained setting. (unless anyone has other knowledge?).

This doesnt mean that you cant be employed, it just means that if you move to the maintained sector, you will still have your NQT year to complete. I think you have up to 5 years to complete it. However you dont lose your QTS even if you never work in the maintained sector (a freind of mine went straight from college into the private sector and stayed there).

You could contact your union for advice and you could look on teachernet for further info.

teachernet

sorry if that isnt quite the news you wanted to hear.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)