Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Observations

Can anyone give me some advice please?? I've tried to get hold of my union but with luck what so ever!!! We have had 3 formal observations this year already, one by ofsted! We have now been told we have got to have another one after half term!! Is this allowed friends have told me we can offically only have 2 or 3 an academic year??? is this true??

Thanks x :o

We were ever only 'meant' to get 3. I don't know if there's any set guidance on it - I'd keep trying your union though, as they'll settle it once and for all.

It's frustrating isn't it?!

We were ever only 'meant' to get 3.  I don't know if there's any set guidance on it - I'd keep trying your union though, as they'll settle it once and for all.

It's frustrating isn't it?!

57290[/snapback]

yes really annoying as if going through ofsted isnt stressful enough!!!!!!! Thanks for reply x

I'm afraid that this is becoming very common due to the self-evaluation forms, as HT's have to back up their statements about teaching standards. I know of several people who are observed at least once each half-term and sometimes more often. The union wasn't really very helpful as they sadi that a HT can observe whenever s/he likes. the TEs ran an article on it a month or so ago.

oh ok thanks for that, i just thought seeing as we'd just had ofsted in who said teaching in the school was good/outstanding, we'd get away with no more observations!!! dont think I can cope with any more stress and preperation for an observation!!!!

Edited by Guest

Well done for doing so well in your OFSTEd. Just tell yourself that they are coming to watch because you are so GOOD. You have nothing to worry about. i know what you mean about the pressure. It doesn't matter how good you are you always feel afraid that you won't be up to scratch. I think that good teachers always feel like that because we focus on what goes wrong and needs to be put right, instead of focusing on all those things that we are doing really well.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)