Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Pictoral Cues For Daily Routine

I've got a child (Y1) who the EP has suggested would benefit from pictoral cues to help him sequence what he has to do each day - in terms of lessons... e.g. Num, Lit, Science. Does anyone know where I might be able to find anything like this? Pictures would do - I can then add text if needed.

Hope this makes sense!

Hi Spam

Classroom pics have been discussed recently elsewhere on the forum (can't find it quickly to post link :o )

You can find some pics at www.abcteach.com

I use some for the Promethean whiteboard that I have up when the children come in each morning. If you have the Promethean software I could try to attach a flipchart with pictures on it- let me know.

I've got a child (Y1) who the EP has suggested would benefit from pictoral cues to help him sequence what he has to do each day - in terms of lessons... e.g. Num, Lit, Science. Does anyone know where I might be able to find anything like this? Pictures would do - I can then add text if needed.

Hope this makes sense!

57061[/snapback]

I took a selection of photos of the daily routine for lessons,lunchtime etc when i needed them for a child. I have been able to use them for other children as well.I found photos of familiar surroundings /objects helped more than general pictures.

Photos are great. Take pictures of the child engaged in the different activities/ lessons, and use these - the child can then identify with them really well.

This is a really good resource to use with children. I've seen it done in a couple of Year 1 classes and it works really well,

Have fun!

Guest helsha80
I use some for the Promethean whiteboard that I have up when the children come in each morning. If you have the Promethean software I could try to attach a flipchart with pictures on it- let me know.

57066[/snapback]

I took photos of children taking part in lessons, snack/break time, dinner time and assembly etc. (Better than any found elsewhere as they relate to familiar surroundings) I put these up each day on a washing line for all children to see.

Helen

Thanks for the replies. Unfortunately we don't have any type of interactive whiteboards yet, so I think I'll go with my trusty camera! Thanks again!

I took a selection of photos of the daily routine for lessons,lunchtime etc when i needed them for a child. I have been able to use them for other children as well.I found photos of familiar surroundings /objects helped more than general pictures.

57069[/snapback]

We did the same using a polaroid camera. We also encouraged the children to take part in the photgraphing of the different activities etc which has led to, in my opinion, a greater interest in the pictures than if I had taken them myself.

I display both my pictures with text underneath and then the children's pictures are displayed directly underneath with their own 'text'.

I find them much better than general pictures!

hi

our ep gave us pictures to use, have you asked them?

Otherwise I have used my digital camera with the child in each photo- it keeps them interested.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)