Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Childminders And New Curricumlum

HI

It is time we activiated this notice area again. Are you a childminder and on this site - have you seen the new consultation document for the Early years foundation stage - this will effect every childminder - what do you think?

Ratios change?

We all need to plan for under fives?

How will it effect us?

Lets start talking.....

Guest cathy m
HI

It is time we activiated this notice area again. Are you a childminder and on this site - have you seen the new consultation document for the Early years foundation stage - this will effect every childminder - what do you think?

Ratios change?

We all need to plan for under fives?

How will it effect us?

Lets start talking.....

56596[/snapback]

I downloaded all 142 pages last week-end and also ordered a hard copy, which has now arrived. I have many concerns, my highlighter pen has been working overtime and I'm working on completing the questions.

I'm not too happy that additional EYFS information for Childminders will not be available until later in the summer, once again I feel we are almost an after thought! I wonder who will produce all the necessary documents and will they be standardised for all settings? The ratios for us are a bit vague and that needs clarification.

Although the framework does mention the learning opportunities from spontaneous activities, I fear this may be over looked because of the importance that has been placed upon planning and observations. Some Childminders will feel overwhelmed by the requirements and our profession will loose some excellent Childminders.

Our Childminding association will be encouraging all our members (over 400) to respond to the consultation

I am sure this consultation will provoke some heated discussions

Cathy

• 5 weeks later...

"I'm not too happy that additional EYFS information for Childminders will not be available until later in the summer, once again I feel we are almost an after thought! I wonder who will produce all the necessary documents and will they be standardised for all settings? The ratios for us are a bit vague and that needs clarification. "

This bit is soooo worrying, and will we get a say?

• 1 year later...

I got my pack through a couple of days ago (because I ordered it myself - I have no idea when it should have been sent to me) and I had a headache after reading the first few pages!!

I really do not understand some of it! I am very, very confused, I am glad I ordered it though so I can read through it a good few times before I need to start worrying! If I waited until it got sent to me I think I would have panicked to be honest.

Plus I have a two year old and a four month old so I am going to have to do completely different planning and obs for each child, I have no idea what I am doing. :o

Hi katw - first of all - don't panic!!!

The eyfs is much like the birth to 3 matters stuff you'll have been using already with your 1 and 3 year olds and embraces the same good practice - in fact, if you look through the development matters section at the back of the non-statutory guidance, you should see some familiar words and phrases lifted straight out of birth to 3

the statutory stuff is the same as the old standards as well - just in a different format and with different headings - but still linked to every child matters etc

there is going to be loads of training rolled out for it as well - the budget is huge and minders will be included with training on saturdays and in the evenings.....

Ask if there's anything specific!!

Hope that makes you feel a bit better!! Sarahx :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)