Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Focused Activities

We are a day nursery most of our children come in either am or pm sessions rather than all day care.

How many focus activites do you do each week?

How do you cover FS and BTTM goals during these activities ie focus on one area of learning oror all areas on each focus activity?

I am trying to get staff to change from planning around the topic to planning for the individal children- just cant get it HELP?

Does anyone have samples of focus activity sheets and or a completed one where I can see how it is working for you?

Is the focus activity planning for a specific group of children? as my staff are planning for the topic and just recording what chilren visited and an observation/evaulation on how the children got on.

We've just started a new recording method. every week staff jot down against a list of all childrens names, a short comment on what their interests are ( including context/concept) not just john likes to paint.

Then they jot down consolidate, practice, repeat or extend-next step.

These will be looked at to inform the adult led activity for the next week.

( some can even be addressed the next day, through staff general discussion at end of session.

We only started it last week, so when we have devised an adult led activity plan from this information I will post it. End of week or weekend.

I agree with you, and it is the advice from our local eyat, that adult led activities should be informed by knowledge of childrens developmental needs and not a broad topic.

Peggy

Steve and Peggy were in that state earlier today which is why Steve changed my title. What do you think??  :o

55998[/snapback]

Rea, Just noticed only 15 more posts and you get another new name as well :(:( , will your head fit through the door, I wonder xD

What's your new signature going to be?

learn something new every, yes, that's the forum way :D

day

Peggy

Rea, Just noticed only 15 more posts and you get another new name as well  :(  :( , will your head fit through the door, I wonder  xD

What's your new signature going to be?

learn something new every, yes, that's the forum way  :D

day

Peggy

56028[/snapback]

ooops, ironically enough my computer is playing up, wobbly mouse arrow syndrome :o

learn something new every DAY, yes, that's the forum way :(

Peggy

Would you two dears like to have my signature then? Our local library run computer courses for the older lady :(:( Phone the council on - 3037171 :o

I'm off to hide behind something solid now xD

Would you two dears like to have my signature then? Our local library run computer courses for the older lady  xD  :rolleyes:  Phone the council on - 3037171  :o

I'm off to hide behind something solid now :(

56045[/snapback]

Just watch it Rea or my wobbly mouse will shoot you with it's arrow xD:(

p.s. tried the number but didn't work, should I have an area code? :(:ph34r: not that I want a lesson, was going to email them ( as I can :wacko: ) your name and logo to put on a "BEWARE " poster :unsure: ;):ph34r:

Peggy

oops, I've just realised we have lost the "focus" of what this topic is about.

Focused Activities - Sorry Sharonash. :o

peggy

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)