Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Success Criteria

Guest Really

Guest Really

I have done a search on the forums on this subject and found a lot of interesting information. We have just been introduced to this and need to start using it in Literacy (to begin with). Can anyone tell me what you do?

Do you have different criteria for different abilities? How do you share them with the children?

Thanks.

Shelley was involved with this, she's not around so much now having a young baby, but perhaps if you PM her she would be able to help---unless theres someone else out there now?

Our GTPs and trainee teachers have to put success criteria o their lesson plans and above all else its their biggest nightmare.

My collegaue went on a very good course about AFL in early years and they covered success criteria in that. If I can dig out her notes on the subject and then decipher them, Ill pass them on.

We have started to introuduce the idea of the children generating the SC themselves but I cant say the pennty is dopping with most of them just yet.

Id be interestde to know why you have had to start with literacy, I think thats quite tricky?

Guest Really

Thanks - any notes would be great.

We are introducing it whole school and some year groups are doing Literacy and others Numeracy. I am just working through it now and have added success criteria such as these:

Hi

I have used a capital letter at the beginning of my sentence.

I have used a full stop at the end of my sentence.

I have left finger spaces between my words.

Av

I know where to start my writing.

I have used a capital letter at the beginning of my sentence.

I have used a full stop at the end of my sentence.

Lo

I can hold my pencil correctly.

I can hear and attempt to write the sounds c k h e m r d at the beginning of words.

These are for next week and have been adapted to the ability of my children - am I on the right lines? I have found some pictures (on this forum) and have made cards to put on the table to share with the children when I am working with them so we can talk about what the success criteria is.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)