Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Profile Data And Sef

Firstly, enjoy the bank hols everyone!

Now....down to business. I'm FS Co-ordinator and part of SMT in a small school preparing for OSTED, 5 yrs since last one!!! I'm busy updating the FS parts to the SEF and linking evidence. I'm using FS profile data (LEA & National) to validate my statements regarding strengths and weaknesses.

I need some re-assurance that when i say 'good level' of achievement or development as evidenced by profile data, that I'm talking about the percentage of children that gain an average point 6 or more (the or more being the important part). So if there's anyone as sad as me spending their weekend working i could do with a swift reply as i have to discuss my statements with the head on Tuesday. thanks emma

I'm pretty sure this is being discussed at present under a different thread titled something like 'FSP scores - where are your children now?'

Would put a link in if I was clever enough :o

Harricroft

Hi Emmai

If I were you I would compare your results with those of your LEA to decide whether they are good or not. (I presume you have those dreaded radar graphs, comparing your school's performance with the average for the LEA?). It seems that the "average" score varies with region - in Surrey it is a score of between 6 and 7.

The discussion Harricroft refers to can be found here

Fox

I would say you're on the right track Emma, and we have had to do the same. We dont yet have LEA data to compare to so this isnt actually our fault, but we have compared ours to national data and recorded where our strengths and weaknessess are.

Sometimes I think I dream in SEF!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)