Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Wooden Outdooor Furniture

Has anyone bought recently a wooden picnic style bench and table suitable for six children? I want somewhere the childen can sit and draw and create, instead of taking out tables from inside the classroom.Any suggestions for a workable alternative would be appreciated.Price is a consideration !Thank you.

B&Q and Sainsburys homebase have sales on outdoor equipment at the moment, it depends if you want it child sized though. Wont it be difficult to draw on? How about a fold up picnic table? I'm not sure how sturdy they are but they are easy to move about. :D

Dont suppose your local pub's got one they dont need have they? :o

Have you got a local branch of Wilkinson's ?- the one in town is selling child size benches for about £14.99 and small wooden patio sets with 2 folding chairs and a table for approx £30

A lot of the bigger stores, including Tescos, Woolworths and B & Q, are selling child sized garden furniture now. They have to be cheaper than the educational catlogues and, if they are looked after properly, should be just as good.

Linda

I bought two lovely little picnic tables- child size from Ebay.

I know we aren't supposed to use Ebay fro school- but they were only £12ish- and the only ones I could find at the time and that included delivery.... I then needed a parent to make them up and paint them.

The children enjoy using them and it is nice to have child size outdoor furniture, rathr than adult size and the children have to climb up to use.

L

We brought some childrens picnic tables last year from Woolies - unfortunately they weren't very stable, one broke within about 2 weeks, the others lasted a bit longer but didn't stand up well to the use they had. We had to leave them outside due to their size and they got stolen.

At the moment we are using some plastic tables (ELC type) and chairs which were given to us and also spare classroom tables. Sorry not much help!

Jo

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)