Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Open Uni

Hi Skippy

I did E123 in its first presentation in 2003 and loved it, the workload was not heavy. In 2004 I did E124 and E243 and apart from some clashes when assignments for both courses were due in it was fine.

I have carried on for the foundation degree and having done E230 and E115 last year I am just about to start E215 and should finish my degree next January :D

I only work part time and my study fitted in well but I know alot of students worked full time whilst studying E123/E124

Many students have done these two courses together but I think the only problem with that is that E124 builds on E123 so I can't really comment on what it is like doing them together except to say I know others who have done so successfully.

Good luck with the decision making! I have loved every minute of my study and am already planning what to do next when I complete the foundatin degree!

I started both E123 and E124 in February this year. At my first Tutorial my tutor advised strongly against doing both the courses at the same time, so I have now deferred E124 until next year.

I am really enjoying it so far, and the work load isnt too heavy, but I think if I had continued to do both courses I would have found it much harder!

I am going to see how I get on with the Certificate before deciding whether to do the foundation degree!

Jenni x

I did E123 in 2003 and followed up with E124/E243 in 2004. I then went on to do E230 and E115 in 2005 whcih I found difficult and so had to give up E230 which I am now doing this year and really enjoying as I can just concentrate on the one course. I think it depend on your circumstances. I work partime running a sessional playgroup but like many it takes up alot of my spare time. I have had to juggle work, recruitment problems etc , coursework and family problems. Hence why I had to give up one course and resubmit the other. I think if everything were to run smoothly I would have got along fine with the two courses but life is not lke that. I am aiming for the degree and wanted to complete it sooner rather than later as I am mature!!! student . Now I've decided to go at my own pace, I will get there in the end and I want to do well and gaing from the experience of completing the course not just gain pass.

If you do the courses it will be harder but you will know yourself what you can cope with.

Good Luck whatever you do. I realised enjoyed the E123/4 courses.

Sue

• 4 months later...

Hi,

I am currently doing E123/E124 and have found the work load ok. the only problem i have encountered so far is with the ECA's they are both due on the 7th of October! I have nearly finished ECA E123 and then i will have just under three weeks to do E124 ECA. I did them together as I wanted to cut down the time it will take to get the FD. I have enrolled for E115 starting in Feb (fingers crossed I pass my ECA's)

Claire x

Hi Skippy

My colleague and I have applied to do E123 in February too. We opted for the one module because we were concerned we would struggle with two on top of being superwoman!

Hope we can support each other.

Deb

Deb that would be great :o

You will be fine :) I have really enjoyed the courses and learnt so much along the way.

If you need any help when you start just holller :)

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi I am being partly funded 50% through my local council. I wished I had put down to do both courses now, I didn;'t realise but now I know thanks! x

• 1 month later...

I realise you have now begun, and I hope you are finding the courses ok.

I did E123 and another 60 point course in my first year followed by E124 and another 60 point course in my second year as well as working more than full time and I found both very do-able. In fact I would probably have been bored if I had just done 1 course. I agree with Geraldine though that E124 does build on E123, but again I know people who did both together. A lot depends on prior experience. For example they do observations quite late in E123 and yet in E124 you were expected to know how to do them very early on. I know most EY professionals will be able to do observations standing on their heads, but that's just an example.

Just bear in mind that E123/4 and the FDeg courses are unlike any other OU courses. Give me an essay any day!!

Oh and be warned - OU is addictive! E123 was my first course and I have now got my degree and am pondering PhDs now! Silly me!!

Edited by Guest

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)