Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Foundation Unit Planning

Does anyone have tried and tested weekly/fortnightly planning format for unit which has part time Nursery children working with full time reception children? We have 2 teachers, 1 NNEB and 2 TAs in the morning wirh 26 N and 30 Rec children and a teacher and TA with Rec in the afternoons. Rather than reinventing the wheel, is anyone happy to share samples of short term planning which might help us?

Edited by Guest

I have been supply teaching in a school where the older nursery(am) and reception work togeter in the mornings and in the afternoon the younger nursery group and reception work separately. Not entirely sure of the staffing ratios but each reception group had a teacher and I think the nursery maybe NN led.

Planning however was for morning and afternoon, with reception doing more formal activities in the afternoon.

Hi Sue -

Sorry, I missed your post first time around! Welcome to the Forum :D

Sadly I have no experience of FSUs so can't help you with planning formats - hopefully someone with something suitable will spot this soon.

Does anyone have tried and tested weekly/fortnightly planning format for unit which has part time Nursery children working with full time reception children? We have 2 teachers, 1 NNEB and 2 TAs in the morning wirh 26 N and 30 Rec children and a teacher and TA with Rec in the afternoons. Rather than reinventing the wheel, is anyone happy to share samples of short term planning which might help us?

55016[/snapback]

I work in a FSU 2 teachers 2 NNEBs currently 27 reception children/26 nursery each session so slightly different situation. We alternate literacy/numeracy Morning/afternoon so that the 2 groups of nursery children recieve the same input.

Focus_Activity.doc

Planning.doc

Guest AMP

Hi Sue

It sounds as though you have the same set up as us. It is a nightmare trying to settle reception children to some quiet activity when WW3 is going on in the home corner!!! I actually dislike it so much that I am getting out. My colleage and I have worked quite hard to pur nursery and reception planning onto one sheet and our early years consultant and the head has just said that they want separate planning!! Can't see the point myself. We operate 4 groups: 2 reception and 2 nursey and each adult is responsible for 1 group we havew numbered them 1 - the youngest nursery to 4 - the more able reception. Email me and I will send you some examples of what we have done: [steve: edited email address out] Or I will try to add an attachment to this. No guarentee it will work for me!!

Foundation_Weekly_Planning_13.3.06.doc

Foundation_Weekly_Planning_27.3.06.doc

Hi Sue

My colleage and I have worked quite hard to pur nursery and reception planning onto one sheet and our early years consultant and the head has just said that they want separate planning!! Can't see the point myself.

55830[/snapback]

As I said in my reply to you ..........somewhere else. We have been an Early Years Unit for at least 12 years and as such did seperate planning for nursery and reception although we did the same topic ect.

it seemed so pointless and we find it much easier to plan as a team, luckily we have the backing of the head, the LEA and OFSTEDs approval. Sorry you hate it. I love working this way and have seen our children blossom. Hope things go well for you.

Hi Anne-Marie -

You should have more faith in yourself - the attachments worked very well! :)

I've edited out your email address above - you can invite people to PM or email you via the Forum, but it's a good idea not to make your email address visible on any web sites. What happens is that clever little programs scan web pages looking for email addresses and add them to a mailing list, after which you'll begin to receive all sorts of exotic and occasionally puzzling emails! :o

Hi Sue

It sounds as though you have the same set up as us. It is a nightmare trying to settle reception children to some quiet activity when WW3 is going on in the home corner!!! I actually dislike it so much that I am getting out. My colleage and I have worked quite hard to pur nursery and reception planning onto one sheet and our early years consultant and the head has just said that they want separate planning!! Can't see the point myself. We operate 4 groups: 2 reception and 2 nursey and each adult is responsible for 1 group we havew numbered them 1 - the youngest nursery to 4 - the more able reception. Email me and I will send you some examples of what we have done: [steve: edited email address out] Or I will try to add an attachment to this. No guarentee it will work for me!!

55830[/snapback]

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)