Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Registers - tracking attendance with a reports

We have been using the online register functionality since September and are extremely happy with it. I like how you can go and look at an individual child and see how many absences they have had all in one place. However, I would like to suggest some further refinements that would really support absence tracking further:

1. On the individual child summary, it would be fantastic if as well as showing the total number of absences recorded, you could also show this as a percentage based on their booked attendance pattern (or the percentage attendance, or even both). For example, if I have a child who attends for 10 sessions per week and miss 4 sessions, it would show 60% attendance/40% absence when viewing for a week. At the very minimum, this percentage would reflect attendance/absence since they started with us, but as a sessional preschool, we would like to be able to filter this data to view by half-term, term and academic year and I'm sure nurseries would have their own preferences for filtering this data.

2. Further to the above, being able to run a report for ALL children/SELECTED children so you could then compare children's attendance would be amazing, and the ability to export the data into .xls or .csv would give further flexiblity.

If creating an interface for this is not yet on the horizon, simply being able to export the registers into an .xls/.csv file which shows bookings vs absences would be a great start as I can then manipulate the data to get the reports that I need.

I have lots of ideas about this functionality so very happy to talk through in more detail if it's helpful! Thank you. 

Hi, 

Thank you for your post. 

These are both things that we are looking to include for future releases and I have added your suggestions to the developer notes. 

We will let you know when they are ready, and also be in touch if we have any other questions that we may need to ask you. 

• Like 2