Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Which device?

Hi, techy help appreciated please…..

I’m looking to change from Amazon Fires 7’s (main issues being only being able to add one pic at a time on the latest app and photo quality is hit and miss, even in the same tablets)

I’m thinking of using more sim free mobiles, any advice on the most cost effective/good for the job welcome, IPhone 6 refurbs seem reasonable but how long would they be supported with updates? 

Thanks 😊 

Hello @Mouseketeer! How have you been? 

With regards to your current Fires, you should still be able to add multiple pictures at the same time. Have you tried holding your finger down on one for a few seconds? That should select it and allow you to select others. 

As for new devices, I would definitely recommend reading this article first - 

The iPhone 6s you mention are only capable of having iOS 12 as the most recent one and we are no longer supporting the Tapestry app for iOS versions 14 and below. 

If you settle on some kind of Apple device, just check that it can support iOS 15 or above and you'll be able to get the most recent app updates. 

I hope that helps! :) 

• Like 1

Hi Jack

Thank you for the advise , I did wonder if the 6’s would be up to the job.

We’ve had the not adding multiple pics issue since we moved to the new app, I’ve tried different suggestions made but it hasn’t helped but haven’t had ‘hold your finger on a pic’ suggested so will give that a try 👍

Is there a minimum spec for android updates if we don’t go with iphones?

I’ll give the above a read too.

Many Thanks

Hi, @Mouseketeer

Yes, there is a similar situation with Android moving forward; as outlined in that tutorial: 

"We have ended support for Android 4.4 (Amazon Fire OS equivalent 3.1) and below. The last version of the Android app available on Android devices 4.4/Amazon Fire OS 3.1 and lower is 4.0.6. We will also soon be phasing out support for Android versions lower than 8 (Amazon Fire OS equivalent 7.3.2.2). Though future updates will be available on these devices, from the next app update we will not be able to support issues on devices with these Android or Amazon OS versions."

I hope that helps :) 

• Like 1

On 15/08/2023 at 11:30, JackTapestrySupport said:

Have you tried holding your finger down on one for a few seconds? T

Well that’s a game changer 👍I have asked so many times and been given different things to try but who knew it was so simple 🤷‍♀️ A huge Thank you …..though it looks like the 7’s will still need updating soon 🤣 

• Like 1