Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Reports For Parents

At present we have a formal report structure for each area of learning. As a FSU is set up towards more child initiated learning, can you be expected to report formally to parents on areas of learning and a childs' achievement for areas such as Creative Development, etc.

I would be glad to hear how others report to parents in a FSU

Many thanks :)

for end of f2 there is a requirement to report to parents on a child's progress in relation to the FSP so that would be all 6 areas. I can't recall if there are any specific requirements for f1 and younger but I would think that progress would be monitored against all areas whatever your approach and parents should have access to this in the way your setting manages reporting.

cx

What must be reported to parents

For children at the end of year R:

written summary reporting progress against the Early Learning Goals and the assessment scales

Schools must offer parents a reasonable opportunity to discuss the outcomes of the Foundation Stage Profile with their child's teacher. This meeting should be within the term in which the Foundation Stage Profile has been completed. Teachers may wish to consider making the child's profile available to parents as part of this discussion. If parents ask to see a copy of their child's profile, the school should make this available

http://www.qca.org.uk/eara/176.html

We plan to move away from the format we used in the past and provide the parents with a learning diary which will include examples of the children's achievements and a written 'report' What my teacher thinks about me and a page for the parents to fill in and return 'what I think about my teacher' :o Hopefully a bit friendlier approach than the County format

There are 2 examples of reports on the QCA site have you looked at them?

Edited by Marion

Thanks for your advice

At present we use a program called:

Report Assist 2005

It's quite good but fairly formal. I will have a look on QCA website :)

we use a computer report system, but last year for F1 I changed it to our own system, I made it parent friendly by putting a picture of the child on the front and then I then briefly commented on each area of learning. now that I am in F2 I have to use the system the school uses but to be honest I would rather comment on each area of learning myself without using the draft given on this computer system.

Hi,

The E-Profile has a report writing facility and it can be used to print of bar charts relating to childs scores. I don't know if this was what you where looking for but I find them useful. I however find them a little reptative so I tweek them by adding more personalised comments.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)