Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Everychild Matters

our local Primary school has been implementing the every child matters frame work, can anyone tell me if its something that we as early years providors need to implement and where could i find out more???

53808[/snapback]

Its part of the governments ten year strategy and effect all those working with children you can find it here

http://www.everychildmatters.gov.uk/earlyyears/

Hi Skippy

www.everychildmatters.gov.uk

this website will give you the info you need. Every child matters covers birth to nineteen, with the following as its main aims

Be healthy

Stay safe

Enjoy and achieve

Make a positive contribution

Achieve economic well-being

We now have copies of this up in our classrooms and are making it the focus of our teaching and extra curricula (spelling??) activities

Debbie :)

Skippy

What sort of a setting are you in? I am really surprised you have not heard of this. You should have had information from OFSTEd at the very least and your local authority and/or Surestart should be advising and offering training.

You should now be working towards the 5 outcomes that Debbie mentioned, in conjunction with the National Standards which have been around for a while.

If you get in touch with your local Surestart they should be able to offer you some guidance.

Linda

dont panic Skippy your probably doing what needs to be done,

Every child matters is like a giant umberella of new headings/framework for the work that we have already been doing for years! Peggy's links are really helpfull

we reorganised our operational plan so that our information (which had been filed under 14 standerds) was re-filed under 5 clearly defined sections hopefully this will demonstrate to Ofsted how we are implimenting every child matters

I think its kind of made the operational plan more user freindly, organising it into 5 clear sections (then using the standards as subheadings) rather than filed in numerical order of the 14 standards which are not in the most logical order to begin with

You may find this useful as a starting point. How the 5 outcomes link to Standards, FSC and BTTM.

And this is more info about the 5 outcomes, and common core knowledge skills from Every Child matters. I put this info in my staff handbooks.

Peggy

53868[/snapback]

Thanks for the links Peggy. They are very helpful.

Skippy

What sort of a setting are you in? I am really surprised you have not heard of this. You should have had information from OFSTEd at the very least and your local authority and/or Surestart should be advising and offering training.

You should now be working towards the 5 outcomes that Debbie mentioned, in conjunction with the National Standards which have been around for a while.

If you get in touch with your local Surestart they should be able to offer you some guidance.

Linda

53828[/snapback]

Hi Linda, as yet, we have received nothing from Ofsted about this. I'm starting to worry now, as the inspection is imminent :o . I have had a look at the site, but to be honest, I'm still a bit confused by it all, so will contact Surestart and see what they say!

You may find this useful as a starting point. How the 5 outcomes link to Standards, FSC and BTTM.

And this is more info about the 5 outcomes, and common core knowledge skills from Every Child matters. I put this info in my staff handbooks.

Peggy

53868[/snapback]

Thanks for those Peggy. I've saved them and will have a proper read through over the next couple of days. :D

Excellent five outcomes document from Peggy - Thanks!!

I was really enjoying perusing the document but only had 'Being Healthy' and 'Staying Safe'!! Was this intentional - I wanted to read on!!!!!

Did anyone else have the same problem???

It looks such a great document and i love the clip art!!

Hi becsltd

The other outcomes were there when I looked. I am not being funny but did you scroll down far enough? There should be 4 pages altogether.

Linda

Excellent five outcomes document from Peggy - Thanks!!

I was really enjoying perusing the document but  only had 'Being Healthy' and 'Staying Safe'!!  Was this intentional - I wanted to read on!!!!!

Did anyone else have the same problem???

It looks such a great document and i love the clip art!!

53947[/snapback]

As Linda said, should all be there, maybe it didn't all downlaod to your PC, any probs PM me and I'll email to you.

Can't take credit for the pics, they are taken from the website ( surestart, I think) publication. :D

Peggy

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)