Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Mental Flexibility Test

Inge

hi,

having been off 1 week already and into the Easter decorating, clearing out the drawer (you know the one full of odds and ends!) I came across this, must have been in there for 10 years at least and no idea where I got it but have a go at this brain teaser. :oxD

This test does not measure intelligence, fluency of words and certainly not mathematical ability. It can give a gauge to your mental flexibility and creativity. It has been found that few people could solve more than half the questions in the first try. Many reported getting answers long after setting the test aside over a period of days.

Instructions: Each question contains the initial letters of word that will make it correct.....

e.g. 16 = O in a P (Ounces in a Pound) Good luck!

1. 26 = L of the A

2. 7 = W of the AW

3. 1001 = AN

4. 12 = S of the Z

5. 54 = C in a P with Js

6. 9 = P in the SS

7. 88 = PK

8. 13 = S on the AF

9. 18 = H on a GC

10. 32 = DF at which WF

11. 90 = D in a RA

12. 200 = P for PG in M

13. 3 = BM (SHTR)

14. 4 = Q in a G

15. 24 = H in a D

16. I = W on a U

17. 6 = D in a PC

18. 57 = HV

19. 29 = D in F in a LY

20. 80 = D to GA the W

21. 2 = No. it T to T

(Will attach answers at a later date!! I do actually have them all! :D )

Enjoy

Inge

I love things like this. Have had to think for a long time but I think I know them all apart from 7 & 17. Please can this mean I'm gifted and talented?!

Nobody - ever - has said I'm mentally flexible! My son's just read that and said, 'No, you're not mentally flexible'. Time to give a 15 year old a slap, methinks!

I do love words and puzzles and some of the combinations of the letters seem to 'go' together - like you say, as long as I've got them right!

Just got 7 - I think! Can't for the life of me get 17 although these were the last things on my mind when I went to sleep and the first thing I thought about when I woke up!

Hmmm, kept my 17 year old occupied for hours. Between us we have answered quite a few but are stuck on 7,12 & 17. We were both relieved to have answered 9 as my husband would have ribbed us mercilessly had we not - its his 'thing'!

Perhaps if we still can't get some of the answers you could start dropping strong hints towards the end of the week!!!

Hi

Only managed to get 6 while reading down the list. I've written the rest out and will ask hubby to have a look. He's good at these things. These sorts of puzzles are included in the pub quiz we used to go to. Think I will have to call some friends and go to pub this week.

We have managed to answer all but numbers 7 and 17 and my brain hurts now-so pleased it doesnt measure intelligence as I dont seem to have any.We only found the answers when I enlisted the help of family and friends.

What a good quiz I think Ill use it to raise money for school if you dont mind me pinching the idea Im sur I could get my parents to take part :)

Never thought about using it that way, I vaguely remember gleaning it from when i set Quizzes during husbands Army days , forgot it until i came to that drawer, but then had to remember the answers as for some reason they were missing!!

17 seems to be the problem one for most....I think the phrasing is a bit obscure and actually now i re read it not very acurate only works in some areas, was probably Ok 12 years ago time has changed the answer :(

in my current area it would read 7 = D in a PC and would probably be the same for lots of you!! for others the oringinal would be correct!! :o

........no sorry not ready to give the answers yet!! xD

Inge

Edited by Inge

Hmm - have a possible answer for 17 but don't think it's right because of the literal translation of the word I have chosen for the 'd'. I'm getting slightly (VERY :o) desperate now and have resorted to silliness (nothing new there!). How about 'Dinosaurs in a Prehistoric Cave' or 'Doughnuts in a Pink Container'?

moose,

good to get the brain going!!

you use the part PC frequently, (not personal computer, not around when this was set!!), see it most days, it comes in different forms hence the 7 or 6 problem, everyone has one...well almost, would be unusaul not to.

Inge

will add answers tomorrow as an attachment so those who do not want to know can ignore it!

Ooh - I DO think I know what it is it's just the 'd' part that worries me. Dieing to write it down for you to say 'yay' or 'nay' but...AM...RESISTING...JUST...ABOUT! Can't wait till tomorrow - how sad is that? Please don't answer that question :o.

Edited by Guest

Put out of my misery at last!!!! I didn't get 4 of them (5, 12, 13, 17)-and they were really driving me mad!

Thanks Inge for the "amusement"!

Linda