Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Toys Topic

:D:D:D we done the theme of toys last term. the children in my setting enjoyeed making there own toys(spinning tops and cars the most) they also liked going to the toy musem our boys enjoyed writing in bob the builders office(ask well as the girls but our boys rearly use this area unless they are really persuded to join us) and they enjoyed counting the cars we had a teddy bears tea party were the children made the sandwiches and invites for thier parents to join us. we asked the children to bring in toys that thy enjoyed playing with at home to put on a display. we also asked the parents if they had any off there toys from when they were young to put in our toy musem. i hope this will help you. :D

:D  :D  :D we done the theme of toys last term. the children in my setting enjoyeed making there own toys(spinning tops and cars the most) they also liked going to the toy musem our boys enjoyed writing in bob the builders office(ask well as the girls but our boys rearly use this area unless they are really persuded to join us) and they enjoyed counting the cars we had a teddy bears tea party were the children made the sandwiches and invites for thier parents to join us.  we asked the children to bring in toys that thy enjoyed playing with at home to put on a display. we also asked the parents if they had any off there toys from when they were young to put in our toy musem. i hope this will help you.  :D

52906[/snapback]

thanks-sounds good. is there any chance you could share your planning for that term with me - meduim and especially short if you hvae it. I'm still training as a teacher and this will be my first term of planning it all and I really want to get it right!.

thanks a lot

jo

yeah I have seen that and have used this format as a basis for mine but its really useful to see other people's formats to see how people actually use it.

thanks for everyone's help

jo

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there,

Im also doing toys this term, would love to share ideas, was thinking of having a toy workshop outside and an old school role play inside to look at old toys???!!! any ideas for roleplay and others areas of continuous curriculum? :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)