Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Outdoor Play

I have just got around to reading a book "A place to learn". The book has some very good ideas in it which we have been using in pre-school.It gives ideas on different ways how to present activities to children in a more interesting way than we normally had been using fabrics and drapes and natural products.

They give lots of activities for outdoor play to support all the learning goals. The only thing is ,they say outdoor play should be available for most of the session for all of the year! Do Ofsted inspectors want to see a plan for outdoors as well?

Hello Helen,

The book is written by Penny Cartwright from Lewisham Early Years Advice and Resource Network Tel:020 8695 9806.I also got some planning sheets with the book. They are very eye catching. I put them near the activity and the adults can see what to focus on,very handy when I have parent-helpers who are not always quite sure what to do.

• 3 months later...

I also have a copy of this wonderful book but don't think I got the planning sheets you mention were they part of the book or in addition to.

Have you seen their other publication Learning for life a little expensive at £40 but I am going to ask for an inspection copy first

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)