Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Vodcast about the new Development Matters

Jules

If you would like to know more about the new Development Matters then do watch this vodcast. You will see a short presentation by Dr Julian Grenier who led on the new DMs. He shares the ethos behind it and how it can support early years educators. 

You can use this discussion area to unpack the vodcast, share your thoughts and ask some more questions. 

Thank you Dr Grenier.  A bit late I know but I have started o read through the document and I am finding lots of comfort in it. I love your statement about children being powerful thinkers and learners and I can see this threading through the document. This one single phrase puts the children in the centre in every single aspect.

You do mention the need for professional development and I could not agree more.  How do we get greater professional development when current finances just do not allow for it?  I find it so difficult asking or sending my staff for training.  I will pay for the course but it is also paying their day rate and the cost of cover.  I am a PVI setting and we can't take inset days on funded days again making it such a costly business expense.  It was exactly like this so many years ago and it seems we are back there in the dark ages again.  It all comes full circle with staff feeling undervalued, myself feeling frustrated that "they" (the staff) won't put themselves forward to improve themselves unless I push and pay for it. So please can 

• Sad 1

Hi LKeyteach - sounds like you are approaching the new DMs just right, having a read through and thinking about it now, in preparation for using it next year. 

I completely understand this enormous challenge - knowing that good quality CPD is needed but struggling to fund it. And as you say, it isn't just the cost of the course, but potential cover back at base. 

There's a recent article on the FSF by early years consultant and trainer Jenny Barber which is about CPD. I'm linking it here in case it is helpful.  We're also hoping Jenny will do a podcast with us soon - so watch out for that one. 

Take care. 

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)